Why is blacklist not racist?

When we have to call it chalkboard etc etc. how did blacklist get away from being ban from use?

No , i call it a Blackboard , because thats exactly what it is , and thats what it was when i was at school in the 70`s. Only a complete PC obsessed moron would call it chalkboard.

---------- Post added 08-02-2015 at 18:19 ----------

As an aside, If I was asked what the legal position is on some terms we no longer use, and there are many, I would not know if the previous names were now legal terms or not.

Remember the gollys from Robinson`s jam. The Pot ones that played instruments, and the badge type. Probably collectors items now. Is the second word for these items actually illegal to use or just politically incorrect? I`d guess it was now classed as an official racially offensive term at least, but am not 100% sure of the status of many of the words.

They are openly available on Ebay here, so the word is obviously not illegal

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=gollywog&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xgollywog+badge&_nkw=gollywog+badge&_sacat=0

As an aside, If I was asked what the legal position is on some terms we no longer use, and there are many, I would not know if the previous names were now legal terms or not.

Remember the gollys from Robinson`s jam. The Pot ones that played instruments, and the badge type. Probably collectors items now. Is the second word for these items actually illegal to use or just politically incorrect? I`d guess it was now classed as an official racially offensive term at least, but am not 100% sure of the status of many of the words.

There are no illegal words, stop being so ridiculous.

Watch me say wog and the police not kick down my door and arrest me for offences under the politically correct act made up entirely in 2015.

At our work we used a piece of equipment called a N*****'s Dick. Obviously that's been changed now and it's called a Donkey Dick since about 1995.

If you refer to it as its correct long technical name no one will know what you're talking about.

Edited by Nagel