Why is blacklist not racist?

I don`t think anyone will try to change the name of the card game-black Jack, but I`ve not seen them sweets around for a while that were called black jacks. They were sometimes sold with fruit salads. Small square chewy sweets.

Black Jack sweets are still widely available in sweet shops.

They are two entirely different things.

Not in classrooms, they're not. There used to be a blackboard at the front of the class, with a teacher writing on it in chalk, and now there's an interactive white board instead, with nobody actually writing on it and a whole load of technical shenanigans happening to make it appear that they are.

We aren't allowed to call a white board a white board at work. It has to be called a performance hub. That shows just how far the loony lefty tree hugging quorn eating sandal wearing gaylord politically correct NU labour jobless soap dodgers have come.

Nigel Forage wouldn't stand for that sort of nonce-sense.

---------- Post added 08-02-2015 at 21:16 ----------

Some people find this disgusting word you have put very offensive indeed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wog

Does anyone remember the Br'er Rabbit stories? He had a friend called Br'er Coon. As a small English boy I wasn't familiar with either racoons or the use of the word "coon" as a racial slur. I was merrily using the coon word once not realising it's other connotation. I couldn't understand why people were giving me disapproving looks.

Of course once it is pointed out to you then you'll use the word more appropriately.

As for wog....I would never use that word now. But in the 80's I blacked up and danced about dressed as a Robertsons Golliwog on a Salford University float going through Moss Side. Nowadays it would be the worst idea ever.