What is your personal space?

I was once on the bus at night time going to Rotherham and there was only me and an elderly chap on the bus when this drunken mess got on the bus and made a bee line for me! he sat next to me and started giving it all the 'darling darling' and I felt really intimidated by it all but luckily I was riding the bus with a knight in shining armour because the elderly chap noticed it and he came to the back of the bus and told the other bloke to go and sit at the front of the bus and to leave me alone :)

Bless him...

Oh and also, I work with someone who has NOOOO idea what personal space is! when he talks to you he's right in your face! as in, a few inches away... does my head in

I was once on the bus at night time going to Rotherham and there was only me and an elderly chap on the bus when this drunken mess got on the bus and made a bee line for me! he sat next to me and started giving it all the 'darling darling' and I felt really intimidated by it all but luckily I was riding the bus with a knight in shining armour because the elderly chap noticed it and he came to the back of the bus and told the other bloke to go and sit at the front of the bus and to leave me alone :)

Bless him...

Oh and also, I work with someone who has NOOOO idea what personal space is! when he talks to you he's right in your face! as in, a few inches away... does my head in

Even worse if his breath smells like cack.:hihi:

I hate people who keep touching you when talking. I knew a woman who was always tapping my arm. Even when I tried to move out of her reach she would just move right back in close.

To the man in the cafe I would have said that I really didn't feel talking, and then just refused to look at him thereafter.

I hate people who keep touching you when talking. I knew a woman who was always tapping my arm. Even when I tried to move out of her reach she would just move right back in close.

To the man in the cafe I would have said that I really didn't feel talking, and then just refused to look at him thereafter.

I wanted to be out of there. It's too late when you find him behind you in the car park.

Maybe just trying to make a friend?

I'm sure if you'd have said you wanted peace and quiet he'd have moved.

I know, I was just thinking the same thing.

What is going on with people these days. Nobody does or says anything. Its always skulk away and then moan about it after.

God sake. How about a simple..... "Sorry, I just want be left alone and not disturbed thank you..." That might have been a start. Situation could have been resolved in seconds.

---------- Post added 09-02-2015 at 17:00 ----------

I wanted to be out of there. It's too late when you find him behind you in the car park.

Why?? Did this man look at you funny? follow you around? attempt to touch you, attack you?

He MAY have been a perfectly innocent guy who thought in a totally empty café it MAY have been nice to have a chat with someone.

What a society we have become. Paranoia paranoia paranoia.

I know, I was just thinking the same thing.

What is going on with people these days. Nobody does or says anything. Its always skulk away and then moan about it after.

God sake. How about a simple..... "Sorry, I just want be left alone and not disturbed thank you..." That might have been a start. Situation could have been resolved in seconds.

---------- Post added 09-02-2015 at 17:00 ----------

Why?? Did this man look at you funny? follow you around? attempt to touch you, attack you?

He MAY have been a perfectly innocent guy who thought in a totally empty café it MAY have been nice to have a chat with someone.

What a society we have become. Paranoia paranoia paranoia.

You're a guy aren't you? Do you go and sit down uninivted next to young ladies you have never met in cafes?