What is your personal space?

Only if the perception makes it such.

Like I say, it's a public place not an invasion of personal space.

What the man should of said to be socially acceptable is 'do you mind if I sit here'. But like I say he could of been any number of things including lonely, retarded etc.

Nope. Perception is nothing to do with it.

Sitting down with a stranger when there is plenty of space in a cafe is weird. Everybody but you thinks so.

You have no idea.. you really don't

I don't think you can add anything further to this topic

From the lady who labelled men creep/weirdo/pervert and women b@tches. Remind me never to talk to you!

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 14:45 ----------

Nope. Perception is nothing to do with it.

Sitting down with a stranger when there is plenty of space in a cafe is weird. Everybody but you thinks so.

So the guy might be weird. Could be for any number of reasons.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 14:47 ----------

Ooh thats a very thin straw to clutch ati.e. she should have waited as in 'not left the table'I see rapists aren't the problem, it's women.I'm sorry if you find women being defensive interferes with your ability to talk to them, but I suggest you address the cause of that defensiveness rather than blame the women being defensive.

Hint, the defensiveness is not caused by other women.

I can't be bothered to decypher your babble, so I will leave it to others to understand!

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 14:48 ----------

If you felt that concerned then staying in a public place and/or walking over to customer services or security might have been the more sensible thing to do.

No that would be too practical. Labelling the bloke a stalker is easier.

From the lady who labelled men creep/weirdo/pervert and women b@tches. Remind me never to talk to you!

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 14:45 ----------

So the guy might be weird. Could be for any number of reasons.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 14:47 ----------

I can't be bothered to decypher your babble, so I will leave it to others to understand!

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 14:48 ----------

No that would be too practical. Labelling the bloke a stalker is easier.

You think it's acceptable to tell young woman to GROW UP when they may feel threatened...

Don't worry, I'll not lose sleep if you ignore me..

You think it's acceptable to tell young woman to GROW UP when they may feel threatened...

Don't worry, I'll not lose sleep if you ignore me..

No of course not. But if you feel threatened in situations where someone talks to you in a public place I'd say you need to learn how to deal with it, because its going to happen A LOT.

No of course not. But if you feel threatened in situations where someone talks to you in a public place I'd say you need to learn how to deal with it, because its going to happen A LOT.

But he didn't just 'talk' to her...he sat directly next to her, obviously invading her personal space, in a cafe which had plenty of space elsewhere. Without even a lame excuse as to why!

How do we know it wasn't a boothe type seating area where she was on the inside and felt 'trapped'? We don't know, but I do find it strange that you are the only person on this thread male or female holding the opinions you do!

Being mischievous possibly? :suspect:

OK I'll decipher it for you

Other men have no problem talking to and dealing with women, so if you can't talk to or deal with women then that would be you with the problem, not women, not other men, you.

You thinking it's appropriate to tell women who react defensively when a man behaves in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable, that they are somehow immature and should 'grow up', is perhaps part of the problem.

And again this would be your problem and not anyone elses.

But he didn't just 'talk' to her...he sat directly next to her, obviously invading her personal space, in a cafe which had plenty of space elsewhere. Without even a lame excuse as to why!

How do we know it wasn't a boothe type seating area where she was on the inside and felt 'trapped'? We don't know, but I do find it strange that you are the only person on this thread male or female holding the opinions you do!

I don't see a slaunch of dissenters.

I will be happy to be proved right once again!

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 15:27 ----------

That wasn't what happened though was it. :roll:

Only the OP knows what happened. And there was no evidence put forward that the man behaved oddly apart from sitting at a table.

...The cafe was 80% empty with only a few tables occupied...

...Only the OP knows what happened. And there was no evidence put forward that the man behaved oddly apart from sitting at a table.
In an 80% empty restaurant someone you don't know sitting down at your table is most definitely odd behaviour.

OK I'll decipher it for you

Other men have no problem talking to and dealing with women, so if you can't talk to or deal with women then that would be you with the problem, not women, not other men, you.

You thinking it's appropriate to tell women who react defensively when a man behaves in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable, that they are somehow immature and should 'grow up', is perhaps part of the problem.

And again this would be your problem and not anyone elses.

I don't have a problem dealing with and talking to people of either sex, thanks.

I do have a problem being labelled with stuff I never said.

Now I've put this right, I have no problem. Thank-you please.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 15:31 ----------

In an 80% empty restaurant someone you don't know sitting down at your table is most definitely odd behaviour.

Not if you like company.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 15:33 ----------

Were you there Pete?