What is your personal space?

I don't have a problem dealing with and talking to people of either sex, thanks.

I do have a problem being labelled with stuff I never said.

Now I've put this right, I have no problem. Thank-you please.

Well as I haven't labelled you and you don't have a problem treating women as people that's fine then isn't it.
Not if you like company.
And what of the person your sitting down with, when do they get a say ?

'Liking company' does not trump 'feeling threatened by total strangers sitting at the table uninvited'.

Well as I haven't labelled you and you don't have a problem treating women as people that's fine then isn't it.And what of the person your sitting down with, when do they get a say ?

'Liking company' does not trump 'feeling threatened by total strangers sitting at the table uninvited'.

Ooh thats a very thin straw to clutch ati.e. she should have waited as in 'not left the table'I see rapists aren't the problem, it's women.I'm sorry if you find women being defensive interferes with your ability to talk to them, but I suggest you address the cause of that defensiveness rather than blame the women being defensive.

Hint, the defensiveness is not caused by other women.

I'm pretty sure that had I posted the guy sat down beside me and after 5 minutes felt confident and stuck his hand up my skirt the same folk would be on here saying why didn't you just leave when he first sat down besides you.

I don't have a problem dealing with and talking to people of either sex, thanks.

I do have a problem being labelled with stuff I never said.

Now I've put this right, I have no problem. Thank-you please.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 15:31 ----------

Not if you like company.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 15:33 ----------

Were you there Pete?

Obviously not. However, as has been pretty universally agreed (even by you), it's definitely 'odd' behaviour. As the thread title implies, it's about personal space, and she quite clearly felt her 'space' was invaded by an uninvited stranger. I didn't need to be there.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 15:42 ----------

I'm pretty sure that had I posted the guy sat down beside me and after 5 minutes felt confident and stuck his hand up my skirt the same folk would be on here saying why didn't you just leave when he first sat down besides you.

Absolutely....

Yup, you felt threatened, you left, the only issue to address is why you felt threatened and that's because it was a man you didn't know, had no reason to trust, could have been one of ubermaus's 0.1% of bad guys and you didn't want to find out the hard way.

I'd have left too

Yup, you felt threatened, you left, the only issue to address is why you felt threatened and that's because it was a man you didn't know, had no reason to trust, could have been one of ubermaus's 0.1% of bad guys and you didn't want to find out the hard way.

I'd have left too

I'd have left too. Nobody said different.

So the OP says he was going to sexually assault her now. That would seem like an important point to miss out.

I don't believe this thread for a second.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 15:50 ----------

You said she should 'grow up'

No, now I think it's a bogus claim.

I'd have left too. Nobody said different.

Your words

Maybe he wanted to make friends
Stay at the table and find out if he wants to make friends
or was just lonely.
Stay at the table and find out if he's lonely.
Was he menacing in anyway?
Stay at the table and find out if he's menacing.
did he threaten you?
Stay at the table and see if he threatens you
If he was just being friendly.
If you stayed at the table and found out if he was being friendly then ...
then your being paranoid and should probably grow up a bit
In other words "don't be so silly and just stay at the table"

Everything you said, said "don't leave the table"

Taking the time to find out if the guy who just sat down is a 0.1%er or a 99.9%er can mean the difference between being raped, assaulted or worse and living another day.

So the OP says he was going to sexually assault her now. That would seem like an important point to miss out.

I don't believe this thread for a second.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 15:50 ----------

Where did she claim that?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, that maybe you didn't read what she said correctly....What she actually said was:

Your wordsStay at the table and find out if he wants to make friendsStay at the table and find out if he's lonely.Stay at the table and find out if he's menacing.Stay at the table and see if he threatens youIf you stayed at the table and found out if he was being friendly then ...In other words "don't be so silly and just stay at the table"

Everything you said, said "don't leave the table"

Taking the time to find out if the guy who just sat down is a 0.1%er or a 99.9%er can mean the difference between being raped, assaulted or worse and living another day.

So either the guy was a potential rapist / assaulter. Or was a misguided, socially inept fellow. The difference is obvious to anyone but a fool.

I call BULL@@@@ on this whole claim.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 16:00 ----------

Where did she claim that?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, that maybe you didn't read what she said correctly....What she actually said was:

So why bring this up now? I'd say its pretty integral to the claims of intimidation claimed initally.