Teenager 'planned to behead soldier'

Important aspect here is that he 'recently converted', which goes to show that idiots like this (he doesn't come across as the brightest, so I feel the use of idiot is warranted), are abusing the banner of being islamic just so they can cause trouble.

Makes you wonder if we are educating our kids well enough about what religion is and what it means.

He wouldn't have been taught extreme radicalisation according to leading Muslims, speaking with their fingers crossed.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 19:01 ----------

What makes you think he isn't British?

Does that matter he should have been taken to where IS are in control ifhe thinks extremism is good.

No-one is making excuses for anyone dude

In order to solve a problem, first you must understand it

And I feel sorry for these dispossessed and desperate souls

Everyone loses

I can't feel sorry for someone, no matter how lost (or that stupid) who wanted to chop someone's head for a cause they don't even begin to understand.

I worry that you do.

Important aspect here is that he 'recently converted', which goes to show that idiots like this (he doesn't come across as the brightest, so I feel the use of idiot is warranted), are abusing the banner of being islamic just so they can cause trouble.

Makes you wonder if we are educating our kids well enough about what religion is and what it means.

It seems to me that he read the Koran and took it literally. He's not abusing any banner; he's doing what the Koran says he should do. It's like that in there!

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 22:29 ----------

What makes you think he isn't British?
He clearly doesn't want to be British. His heart is in Afghanistan or somewhere similar. Let him live where his heart is. He can never be happy in a liberal, secular and civilised society. He doesn't fit, anyway!

He wouldn't have been taught extreme radicalisation according to leading Muslims, speaking with their fingers crossed.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 19:01 ----------

Does that matter he should have been taken to where IS are in control ifhe thinks extremism is good.

Let's pretend that were possible and we sent him out to where they were, how would you feel if a year later it turned out they had accepted him, trained him and now he was responsible for carrying out or assisting in the largest terrorist attack on British soil?

Do you really think it wise to send them more soldiers?

Does this work two ways then? Should everyone in non-democratic countries that disagree with their governments be put on a plane and dumped here?

Or, as I suspect, is it one rule for the majority white west and another for the brownies?

It seems to me that he read the Koran and took it literally. He's not abusing any banner; he's doing what the Koran says he should do. It's like that in there!

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 22:29 ----------

He clearly doesn't want to be British. His heart is in Afghanistan or somewhere similar. Let him live where his heart is. He can never be happy in a liberal, secular and civilised society. He doesn't fit, anyway!

So immigration control should be restricted to "let them live where there heart is"? Any one in the world who believes their heart is here should be able to come here?