Teenager 'planned to behead soldier'

Do you understand what that word means? Apparently not.

Psychosis is a mental health problem that causes people to perceive or interpret things differently from those around them. This might involve hallucinations or delusions.

It just impossible to conclude that on the evidence we know about.

The evidence is plain to see.

Total speculation on your part. You can't possibly know that.

Again, the evidence is plain to see! His freedom must be denied for the good of society. You cannot sentence members of that society to death for the sake of his freedom! To do so would be ridiculous and inexcusable.

Utter rubbish and again, total speculation on your part.

There is no speculation. The facts are that he will continue to be exposed, as described, to the material that caused his problem in the first place.

More absurd speculation.

Would you release him into society on the understanding that you were to go to prison yourself if he murdered again? I think not. You say what you say because you are unlikely to be personally affected by the consequences!

---------- Post added 15-02-2015 at 23:36 ----------

Teenagers are salvageable, unless he's a proven psychopath
Some might be, but at considerable risk to others. I don't think it's worth that risk. Those making the decision to release such criminals must be prepared to face serious consequences themselves if they re-offend. This would put it into perspective for the hand-wringing liberal lefties out there who scream for the fweedom of fwuffy wikel teworwists!

---------- Post added 15-02-2015 at 23:37 ----------

This young mans needs are as genuine as anyone elses and we ignore them at our peril.
Only if he's released by a hand-wringing liberal idiot!

---------- Post added 15-02-2015 at 23:38 ----------

Why doesn't Halibut offer to house him?

Because, deep down, Halibut knows the risks, which he would rather someone else took!

---------- Post added 15-02-2015 at 23:43 ----------

Because he's a human being.
But a very, very dangerous one! I don't think we need to beat ourselves up about it. Edited by Aleksandr

Some might be, but at considerable risk to others. I don't think it's worth that risk

I do think it's worth the risk

Just as I would hope someone would try and do everything to salvage me, should I have lost my way

Those making the decision to release such criminals must be prepared to face serious consequences themselves if they re-offend

Like what?

This would put it into perspective for the hand-wringing liberal lefties out there who scream for the fweedom of fwuffy wikel teworwists!

And what would put it into perspective for the smug, fascist right wingers? A nazi salute maybe