PORTER COTTAGE Hunters Bar

Was in there a couple of weeks ago and it was definitely still Mandy behind the bar. She still remembers my usual even though it's 10 years since I was a regular! Can't say I'd noticed the atmosphere had suffered but this was a friday night and it was packed.

Does anyone know if this place had changed hands recently? Went in the other night and it was pretty dire....whole atmosphere and crowd seemed to be different and it was not as friendly.....

Mandy still runs it. I think she's entitled to a holiday now and again considering she's in there nearly every night!

Go in there fairly regularly and mandy is never anything but friendly and nice always pleased to see you and has a smile, part of the reason for going in!!

Oh yes I agree she is lovely. But it was a bit of a shock to get served by the 'relief', who was so stand-offish and couldn't give a **** about smiling or even being polite, I thought I woul ask the question.

But if Mandy is still there, look forward visiting again later.....

i quite like the porter cottage good atmosphere clean and quick service.and I respect any manager who is prepared to pitch in and graft with the staff.

its much better than the porter brooke round the corner which always feels like its full of teachers/lecturers to me :)

Archived