PORTER COTTAGE Hunters Bar

I was barred from the Porter around nine years ago after a friend of mine decided to take a flying headbutt at some student (who had been ogling his g/f).

I tried to intervene along with another friend (old enough to be my father) and the landlady barred me and my 'daddy'.

Naturally, as one would, I tried to explain I wasn't a troublemaker and that I was infact trying to prevent and not start some trouble.

She wouldn't have any of it, turning to my other friend and telling him he 'should know better than to cause trouble, especially at his age.'

If that happens to be the same landlady then it would appear I'm not the only person with whom she has been both heavy-handed and wrong.

yes Mandy has been there for over 15 years......but it was 9 years ago and she may forgiven you.....

More likely she wont remember you, but I understand you not wanting to go back. Plenty more pubs in town, and plenty more better ones.

Never really use the place but know that the pub was taken over by Alchemy, a major venture capital company, who acquired 180 pubs from Spirit Group at the end of last year.

They also took over Henry's in town.

I was barred from the Porter around nine years ago after a friend of mine decided to take a flying headbutt at some student (who had been ogling his g/f).

I tried to intervene along with another friend (old enough to be my father) and the landlady barred me and my 'daddy'.

Naturally, as one would, I tried to explain I wasn't a troublemaker and that I was infact trying to prevent and not start some trouble.

She wouldn't have any of it, turning to my other friend and telling him he 'should know better than to cause trouble, especially at his age.'

If that happens to be the same landlady then it would appear I'm not the only person with whom she has been both heavy-handed and wrong.

hmmm i can understand you being annoyed at not being allowed back but as i can fully understand her decision to ban anyone assosiated with those involved in the incident, when trouble kicks off it's very hard to decern who is an innocent party and to be safe it's often easier, you may disagree but it's probably, from a landlords position ,the best thing to do. If you should be annoyed at anyone be annoyed at you friend for kicking off on someone without any real justification

• 5 years later...
I don't know anyone who isn't barred from the porter cottage.

Yeah same here.

It must be the only pub I know were I feel I could be banned at any moment. Not a great atmosphere really and Id much rather be round the corner at the Porter Brook or over at the Lescar.

Archived