Dada shut down/Trippets re-opens

daniel3982

• 2 weeks later...

I made my first visit to the new Trippets yesterday, for tea and a couple of drinks after work. It was quiet at 5.30 on a Monday, but a few people started to come in as the evening progressed.

The decor is relaxing and the serivce was friendly and efficient. We had three 'small plates' which was plenty for two of us with some almonds to snack on and a small bowl of fries. Smoked pork belly, aubergine ravioli and the Yorkshire cheese plate were all good, and came quite quickly, so handy for pre-theatre/city hall shows etc.

There was only a small list of wines by the glass, but a Vouvray and a Cotes du Rhone were really rather nice for a fiver each. It would be good to see either a good rotation on the wine list or an expansion here, as I would happily pop in for an interesting glass or two on a weekly basis. There was the usual stash of gins, which doesn't really interest me, and a small beer selection (which might interest me if they had some decent bottled ales).

All-in-all, a very pleasant experience. We paid £50 which was OK for the quality of the food and drink. I definitely hope this place works out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello from Trippets!

We are a newly opened independent bar providing you with Fizz, Gin, Dinner and Jazz...

Open Monday to Saturday 12-11pm

Food served 12-9.30pm

Our website is currently under construction so please visit us on facebook, twitter, instagram and trip advisor.

• 4 months later...