What is Trolling

If I said a load of names it would just be unfair on those people without more proof. Maybe I am the troll, filling your heads with spurious disinformation about how to spot disinformation.

That's quite amusing - you are suggesting that I am paid by the government to post on here. Or am I paid by UKIP. Or by the tories? Or by a right wing cabal of lizards?

Your post changed removing "Longcol, me and someone else" - so my post doesn't make the same sense

Edited by RonJeremy

If I said a load of names it would just be unfair on those people without more proof. Maybe I am the troll, filling your heads with spurious disinformation about how to spot disinformation.

Wow .... the government is employing loads of people to try to influence the handful of people who post on SF - a forum that has little or no influence on anything :cool:

Wow .... the government is employing loads of people to try to influence the handful of people who post on SF - a forum that has little or no influence on anything :cool:

Why do you bother to post here then?

---------- Post added 22-03-2015 at 17:57 ----------

That's quite amusing - you are suggesting that I am paid by the government to post on here. Or am I paid by UKIP. Or by the tories? Or by a right wing cabal of lizards?

Your post changed removing "Longcol, me and someone else" - so my post doesn't make the same sense

Names were given as examples only. When I realised it could be implied that I was suggesting particular individuals I edited my statement to more accurately reflect my view.

Edited by rinzwind

Passes the time.

---------- Post added 22-03-2015 at 18:00 ----------

Lol .... I think it's time we asked our lizard overlords for a payrise, or at least a corner office in Illuminati Towers.

---------- Post added 22-03-2015 at 17:57 ----------

Names were given as examples only. When I realised it may be implied that I was suggesting particular individuals I edited my statement to more accurately reflect my view.

I realised why you removed them - so you don't think I'm a government employee?

You have lived a very sheltered on-line life if you've never encountered "shill" - some "truth seekers" on here used to use the term to describe anyone who argued againsts 9/11, 7/7, HAARP, Chemtrail, Hollie Greig etc "conspiracies".

I use CT to describe people who come to a conclusion first then try to make the evidence fit - or point out anomolies as if these disproved the whole story.

I've probably entertained more possibilities in life than most people :cool:

---------- Post added 22-03-2015 at 17:35 ----------

And entirely inaccurate I would guess ;)

I have never heard of a shill, so I must live a very sheltered on line life, if you say so. It's probably also because I don't consider myself a 'Conspiracy Theorist.' I certainly don't fit your discription.

I never come to conclusions before I seek out 'evidence' - and even then I take some convincing. In fact I often remain undecided.

Only when there is enough 'evidence' as to be overwhelming, do I think that probability suggests it to be true, and to be honest that doesn't happen that often.

One of the reasons I post on SF is to discuss the issues with other people who have different points of view. It helps to focus the mind and refine the argument. And I enjoy it.

So that's me. Now let's talk about you. How come you're so convinced that all 'conspiracy theorists' are automatically wrong, not worth listening to, have nothing worthwhile to say, cannot possibly know more than you, can teach you nothing, are nuts, crazy etc...?

Technique number 1, right so much rubbish that no one can be bothered to write a reply.

Technique number 2, use technical terms, such as strawman, but use them subtly incorrectly, hope that no one points out this misuse.

Passes the time.

---------- Post added 22-03-2015 at 18:00 ----------

Lol .... I think it's time we asked our lizard overlords for a payrise, or at least a corner office in Illuminati Towers.

They are obviously not paying you as much as me! I've got a whole penthouse office, a secretary and someone whose only job is to fetch me coffee and doughnuts.

I notice Cyclone has gone back and edited his post adding this quote from the guardian article which I did not address previously because he did not mention it.

"He said none of the interventions would be in English, as it would be unlawful to "address US audiences" with such technology, and any English-language use of social media by Centcom was always clearly attributed. The languages in which the interventions are conducted include Arabic, Farsi, Urdu and Pashto."

The title of GCHQ's own powerpoint presentation I linked to is titled "The art of deception." Now you're trying to tell me these people are being honest with us about what they get up to? Remember all those years ago when they also said there wasn't any kind of domestic spying program because that would have been unlawful?

Edited by rinzwind