Dem Blades win and the owls erm don't,,,,,,again..

trav4

Stats. sound weird in that Blades win...........4 shots,4 goals, against their 10,no corners for us against their 10.:loopy:

Ha ha great stats! We scored our first from a corner! :hihi:

---------- Post added 11-02-2015 at 00:54 ----------

Mighty Colchester 4th from bottom lose to Blades;)

That's it pal,. when your team lose and you are clutching at straws, try and deflect it

Ah yeah, used the BBC leaguetable, but that didn't include today's result yet. Oh well, good on you!

snigger,:hihi:

---------- Post added 11-02-2015 at 07:02 ----------

Was a bit of a strange game to be honest. I counted their 10 corners to our none. Baxter didn't have his passing boots on, JCR was ineffective as he had 2 players on him most of the time, sensibly passed though when he realised he was on a hiding to nothing. Jamie Jamie Murphy had a quiet game.

Matt Done highly mobile up front and showed what we've been missing this season, continually running at defenders forcing them into mistakes putting United on the attack. He took his goal well and "scored" a second beauty which was disallowed, not sure why. Best player for me was Basham. Turner was confident at the back. Whispering Bob played well and Che looked lively when he came on

UTB

So most games this season I've been and it's been hard work / dull, couldn't get because of working last night, and they score four...!

Glad to see we've gone back into the top six ahead of Chezzy and Bradford, we've just got to try and tie down one of those last two spots and see where we go from there.

Unlucky for the owls after leading, both coming from decent crosses from the Ipswich left - the defender (no.2 I think?) on the winner had a chance to put it out but seemed to dawdle on the ball and got caught out.

Still, you have to give the new players time to settle in, and now that the owls season almost looks over competitively (as they are safe barring a shocking collapse (9 points above Millwall) and quite a distance from the playoffs, Gray has 16 games to try out all of the new players, and look to build a team for next season's promotion run.

Surprised that Ipswich, in 4th and against the owls (who I assume took their usual large following) only had 144 more in than at the Lane for the Colchester game last night! I'm sure if either United or the owls were 4th in the Championship at this stage, there'd be 22k+ in our grounds... Who'd have thought Porter's return was such a draw :hihi:

As for United's first goal, it came from a free-kick, not a corner (the goals are on SSN at about 39 minutes past the hour) :) Done's looked a lovely finish though.