BB King at the arena last night

rocketman

Did anyone else go to the gig last night? It was a great night, the old man was on top form and it was like taking a glimpse into an bygone age of entertainers, a real old school professional.

I think the comment of the night came from my wife who said that he was like 'the yoda of the blues'.

Did anyone else go to the gig last night? It was a great night, the old man was on top form and it was like taking a glimpse into an bygone age of entertainers, a real old school professional.

I think the comment of the night came from my wife who said that he was like 'the yoda of the blues'.

Yeah, I was there. He was wicked. The band were brilliant, and even if B.B. himself is getting on a bit to put on a really full-on performance, he still oozed charisma, and can still sing and play brilliantly.

Gary Moore, on the other hand, was a pile of old toss. :gag:

Throughout Gary's set I was thinking that he seemed like a character from Little Britain or a bad Darkness tribute band!

Heh heh. Yeah, you're not wrong. Me and me mates slipped out halfway through his set to drink lager until B.B. came on. :)

Fantastic show (apart from the fact someone behind me spilt their beer on my jacket)

Was even thinking of going to London and seeing him at Wembley Arena on the final date if there are any tickets left. I got one of the tour poster which I was impressed with being in the old style form the 40' & 50's

Now I just want to see Buddy Guy if he tours the UK again

• 2 weeks later...

I thought BB King were ace, although my dad who has seen him a couple of times was a little disappointed....... Gary Moore was as being stated a pile of toss, I dn't know why he had the other musicians on the stage because it was all about Gary......

Archived