Commons votes to ban smoking in cars in England.

But it's hard to enforce and why would we want to spend time enforcing it anyway. We have more pressing issues.

Why would they need to enforce it? 95% of folk obey the law. It is like drinking and driving. Most folk obey the law. The chances of getting caught are pretty slim, but plenty do get caught.

I think the idea of a law like this is to raise awareness. 95% of drivers will obey it. There will be some unlucky kids who have morons for parents who will keep smoking when they are in the car. I'm sure everyone, particularly their kids will be proud of them.

Perhaps when the kids are in hospital with a smoking related lung condition they will tell their parents how proud they are and the parents will be able to tell their friends that they stood up for freedom of choice.

Why would they need to enforce it? 95% of folk obey the law. It is like drinking and driving. Most folk obey the law. The chances of getting caught are pretty slim, but plenty do get caught.

I think the idea of a law like this is to raise awareness. 95% of drivers will obey it. There will be some unlucky kids who have morons for parents who will keep smoking when they are in the car. I'm sure everyone, particularly their kids will be proud of them.

Perhaps when the kids are in hospital with a smoking related lung condition they will tell their parents how proud they are and the parents will be able to tell their friends that they stood up for freedom of choice.

I don't think most people only follow the law because it's the law, they do it because that's just what they think is right. Most people have a basic level of morality that is above and beyond the law.

Time to ban children from pubs and their beer gardens too

Too True. A lot of boozers these days are more like a kids creche than an ale house. Pubs should be for over 18`s only. if people want to take their brats out to eat they should take them to one of them vile Taybarn places or McDonalds, not a boozer.

How the hell have we got into a position where kids are allowed in an Alehouse . Its wrong on every level.

Or just go to the pubs that don't allow them in.

The ban would be on moral grounds. You wouldnt want kids in a crack house or a 'green cafe' or a shooting den so why in a place where they watch people get high on alcohol and learn that this is what adults do and its ok.The bonus would be no brats running around annoying everybody else!

Too True. A lot of boozers these days are more like a kids creche than an ale house. Pubs should be for over 18`s only. if people want to take their brats out to eat they should take them to one of them vile Taybarn places or McDonalds, not a boozer.

How the hell have we got into a position where kids are allowed in an Alehouse . Its wrong on every level.

I take my 4 year old to pubs for the soul purpose of annoying people like you! I feed him with haribo and make him drink red bull and tell him to go and play trains under people's tables. With a bit of luck, he's sat on some miserable old gits foot when he inevitably wets himself!