Labour - Limit dole to 2 years

You dodge the question, would you work for 6.50 per hour? I think everyones entitled to set their own rates of pay which they would work for. Its not compulsory to work for minimum wage in the Uk- you do know that?

And if you chose not to work then you shouldn't be given any help by the state, since it's a choice you're making.

---------- Post added 14-02-2015 at 10:04 ----------

I can fully understand why people dont want to work for that. I wouldnt.

---------- Post added 14-02-2015 at 00:13 ----------

Saying its better than not working is missing the point.

It IS the point. Because if you choose not to work, then the state should choose to not give you any support.

And if you chose not to work then you shouldn't be given any help by the state, since it's a choice you're making.

For me it isnt a choice between working or not. Its about min wage versus living wage.

As it stands however their is a welfare and benefits system in place for people working or not, and rightly so.

---------- Post added 14-02-2015 at 10:09 ----------

It IS the point. Because if you choose not to work, then the state should choose to not give you any support.

Yes everyone has to work or be in school. However, the idea of funneling people into jobs i dont agree with.

For me it isnt a choice between working or not. Its about min wage versus living wage.

As it stands however their is a welfare and benefits system in place for people working or not, and rightly so.

You still aren't explaining why it is right for people to sponge off the system. I'd like to hear that.

You still aren't explaining why it is right for people to sponge off the system. I'd like to hear that.

Where did I say its Ok to sponge off the system. Stop making things up.

Still didnt answer the question, would you now work for 6.50 per hour?

If not some may say that makes you a hypocrite and the sense of entitlement applies to you.

And should only be used as a stop gap in-between work or by people who cant work, that's why it was brought about. It should never be used as an option not to work for those who can.

No one has to work for minimum wage, get yourself off to college and learn a skill or shouldn't you have to do that either :roll:

And should only be used as a stop gap in-between work or by people who cant work, that's why it was brought about. It should never be used as an option not to work for those who can.

No one has to work for minimum wage, get yourself off to college and learn a skill or shouldn't you have to do that either :roll:

But its not just used as a stop gap. The majority of claimants are working. London living is dependant on housing subsidies.

Dont believe me look at the ONS.

---------- Post added 14-02-2015 at 10:24 ----------

5.2 million working age benefit claimants.

Edited by ubermaus

Well, this is good isn't it?

Where did I say its Ok to sponge off the system. Stop making things up.

How about here:

I can fully understand why people dont want to work for that. I wouldnt.

---------- Post added 14-02-2015 at 00:13 ----------

Saying its better than not working is missing the point.

Or here:

Ive worked for min wage, but no wouldnt now. Would you? If not then why you piping up.

You wouldn't work for minimum wage, which in turn means that you think it is fine to live on the dole as a life-choice. I don't, as I have made abundantly clear, at which point the following question should be considered fully answered: The fact that you keep repeating it doesn't change anything. And just so you know, at the moment I work for nothing, I am finishing my PhD and my funding has run out two years ago.

Still didnt answer the question, would you now work for 6.50 per hour?

If not some may say that makes you a hypocrite and the sense of entitlement applies to you.

I know all this but they are working, not choosing benefits as a life style, there is a difference.

90% of new housing benefit claimants are in work.

You are deflecting and confusing the situation, presumably on purpose. How is people that get money from the state whilst being in work relevant to condoning the choice not to work because minimum wage is low?