Labour - Limit dole to 2 years

Let's go back to the original article:

I'm not sure what a job-guarantee is, but if it is what I think it is (subsidising employers to recruit people like mentioned above) than I am all for it.

This IS Labour you are talking about, and we've been here before. The Government won't subsidise private business to employ these people, they'll create tax payer funded schemes to put these people into.

I doubt there will be a choice of the type of work either. Out of work for two years? We've got a nice building project coming up, creating a 200 foot tall effigy of Tony Blair. Work on that, or no benefits.

What do you mean you aren't a builder? That's okay, we'll train you up.

When i put my size 12 boot up ur ass then u will understand.

---------- Post added 17-02-2015 at 21:22 ----------

Let's go back to the original article:

I'm not sure what a job-guarantee is, but if it is what I think it is (subsidising employers to recruit people like mentioned above) than I am all for it.

Essentially what you are saying is youre a complete and utter bell-end. Now I get it.

If they aren't looking for work then they shouldn't ever receive JSA...

So children are irrelevant, either they are available for work and can receive JSA, or they aren't and can't. And if they refuse to take work after 2 years, well, they've had plenty of opportunity..

I must be going down with something, I've found myself agreeing with 'Cyclone'.:hihi:

So the person designing Radley handbags is on the dole is he/she? Or the fella who designed the Jaguar F-Type? The architect who designed the gherkin?

You haven't answered Happ Hazard either, rather conveniently, if it is the case that UK artists are great because of the dole, how do American artists cope? But you are of course right, we should all go unemployed and develop our creativity.

Re. your earlier point of people on JSA only costing 3,5K a year - that would be the case if they didn't receive any other benefits. Add in the fact that they do not contribute in their own wages and 20K a year is a very conservative estimate.

You’re deliberately cherry picking very middle class occupations where the dole is rarely needed. And yes lets not forget the US. It was kids on welfare in Detroit whom created a whole new genre of electronic music – techno. Derick May, Richie Hawtin, Carl Craig, Juan Atkins and all the other Underground Resistance crew perfected their craft whilst mostly claiming US welfare cheques and have generated billions for the US economy.

Re: JSA – The only other benefit you can claim is Housing & council tax benefit which goes straight to the landlord or landlady, NOT the claimant. Even with this on top it still comes no where near £20,000. Please research or stop lying to scapegoat the unemployed.

---------- Post added 24-02-2015 at 23:33 ----------

Mike Oldfield came from a rich family I think. Went to public school at least. Fairly sure at least some members of Oasis had day jobs. You don't need to be practicing 24/7 to make it big. How do you think bands in America cope? You can't sit on the dole for years hoping to make it big over there.

MO was from a rich family yes, but because he borrowed so much money to buy various equipment needed to make Tubular Bells he had to rely on dole to buy basic groceries and cigarettes. US bands artists are often formed whilst on welfare. As explained, Detroit techno and Chicago house wouldn't exist if it wasn't for US welfare. All Tony Wilsons mancunian band signings came from the dole.

Edited by gwhite78

Re: JSA – The only other benefit you can claim is Housing & council tax benefit which goes straight to the landlord or landlady, NOT the claimant. Even with this on top it still comes no where near £20,000. Please research or stop lying to scapegoat the unemployed.

HB is still a cost whether it goes to the landlord or the claimant...

That stuffs in the published Labour manifesto. It would be pretty daft to publish an official document and not deliver on the majority of the promises.

---------- Post added 13-02-2015 at 13:02 ----------

Why not ubermaus? Cameron did it five years ago! In fact I can't think of ONE pre-election promise he has kept!

HB is still a cost whether it goes to the landlord or the claimant...

Yes and 93% HB claims cost come from those IN WORK. Mostly because of greedy employers not paying their staff enough wages, and landlords exploiting the housing shortage and our HB system.