Labour - Limit dole to 2 years

You can't... If we put up the wage for everyone, we create inflation and the cost of everything goes up. Basic economics.

not everyone just everyone who is on less than 7.65 an hour raise em to that and reap the extra tax revenue raised and the saving in the working tax credits, i cannot see anything but a positive affect, you could even recirculate the extra raised tax revenue to help businesses who cant yet pay the living wage, initially by forcing companies who can pay it, but don't.

not everyone just everyone who is on less than 7.65 an hour raise em to that and reap the extra tax revenue raised and the saving in the working tax credits, i cannot see anything but a positive affect, you could even recirculate the extra raised tax revenue to help businesses who cant yet pay the living wage, initially by forcing companies who can pay it, but don't.

And maybe then wages wouldn't have to be subsidised by the taxpayer.

However I do think you're right, that there needs to be some way of discriminating between huge, profit rich corporations, and small and medium sized businesses who might be struggling.

I've always worked never been on the dole never signed on,I get fed up with paying for everything tax council tax the water rates vat on everything no one helps me with anything,,,you sit down for a relax then a program on TV like that on the dole program that was on tonight comes on,I just wonder if it is all worth it.I was so angry watching those wasters I had all on not to kick the TV in....

Yep. Anyone with anything about them can get on and do well. Not sure where Anna is meeting all these people with tales of woe. Most of my mates are thick as two short planks and they do OK. Then there are all the right wingers on here that are all business masterminds earning a fortune.

Strange place Sheffield Forum :/

I volunteer so I meet quite a lot of people.

How is a job guarantee a good thing. Last thing a company need is a idiot who doesn't want to be there, don't care about the job

So why is the current government trying to make businesses take people they don't want or, worse still, make aggrieved people go out into the street and pick up litter ... wearing a unemployment uniform?

There's not thousands. Job sites duplicate and even triplicate jobs. Only way to tell for sure is to look through them every day and count the number of brand new jobs that get added. Oh, and each of those sites you listed will have almost identical job listing.

As or the cost of living rising with wages, for every study you show me that says it does, I can show you one that says it doesn't!

The simple fact is, you can't say there is no work when it is pretty clear that there are plenty of vacancies. Considering that I have met your challenge of demonstrating that there is work and you still dismiss it because it doesn't suit your agenda, I think it is your turn to provide evidence that a living wage will not trigger inflation.

I volunteer so I meet quite a lot of people.

Of a specific demographic.

With red ed getting caught avoiding tax and Harriet feminazi and her pink van labour are being as dysfunctional as ever

Simply unelectable

Hi Smithy, like the new name!

Its in the labour mainifesto, a pledge to raise min wage to £8.

You imagine that this is somehow proof that it won't cause inflation? :huh:

---------- Post added 13-02-2015 at 09:16 ----------

And of course everybody who was previously just about £7.65 wants a raise, and everybody who was just above those people now wants a raise, and it goes on up the tree.

The business now has higher costs, so it would like to raise prices, and since many of it's customers just got a pay rise, it can, so it does.

That's exactly what inflation is.

---------- Post added 13-02-2015 at 09:18 ----------

I've always worked never been on the dole never signed on,I get fed up with paying for everything tax council tax the water rates vat on everything no one helps me with anything,,,you sit down for a relax then a program on TV like that on the dole program that was on tonight comes on,I just wonder if it is all worth it.I was so angry watching those wasters I had all on not to kick the TV in....

Don't watch it, it's engineered precisely to cause the outrage you felt. The vast majority of people claiming JSA are temporarily unemployed normal people. But that would make for rather boring TV.

There are jobs. They just might not be the kind of jobs which the unemployed want to do. Most of the available work is low-skilled, zero hours contracts, part time, minimum wage. There are many jobless graduates, for example; they don't all want to work in McDonalds or in hotel kitchens.

Your response typifies what is wrong with this country. It is not a matter of what kind of jobs anyone wants to do, its a matter of what's available. No one should be allowed to pick and choose to sponge off the state.

---------- Post added 13-02-2015 at 10:26 ----------

You imagine that this is somehow proof that it won't cause inflation? :huh:

---------- Post added 13-02-2015 at 09:16 ----------

And of course everybody who was previously just about £7.65 wants a raise, and everybody who was just above those people now wants a raise, and it goes on up the tree.

The business now has higher costs, so it would like to raise prices, and since many of it's customers just got a pay rise, it can, so it does.

That's exactly what inflation is.

---------- Post added 13-02-2015 at 09:18 ----------

Don't watch it, it's engineered precisely to cause the outrage you felt. The vast majority of people claiming JSA are temporarily unemployed normal people. But that would make for rather boring TV.

Inflation would be a good thing for a while and I don't think Osborne let alone Labour will leave the Minimum wage where it is. The danger, as you rightly point out, is that inflation has to be watched and controlled once it starts to spiral.

Your comment regarding the JSA is interesting, do you have any idea as to how many wasters there are compared to genuine job seekers, I now it can only be an estimate but whats your best guess and how do you arrive at it?