IDS-free council house if tenants work for a year

There are lots of people who live in council houses and work for a living.

What about them?

Do they have to continue working - paying tax and rent - whilst someone who preferred to live on benefits gets a free house for finally getting off their arse?

If they do then that means all council houses will be a thing of the past, if they don't it seems a strange way to act, reward the feckless and ignore the responsible.

I may have misunderstood of course but that's what it sounds like at first glance.

I live in social housing & work for a living. I don't want anything from that Duncan Smith dolt. He thinks people can be easily bought off after spending the last 4 years maligning the unemployed and in many cases, some of those unemployed have died of their own despair - which he is stony faced about.

The man is a disgrace & scum bag. My only wish is that he is booted out at the next election and forced to sign on. I hope he suffers the humiliations that many of the unemployed have endured

What about them?

Do they have to continue working - paying tax and rent - whilst someone who preferred to live on benefits gets a free house for finally getting off their arse?

If they do then that means all council houses will be a thing of the past, if they don't it seems a strange way to act, reward the feckless and ignore the responsible.

I may have misunderstood of course but that's what it sounds like at first glance.

They have to keep paying. We cant give away every council house.

---------- Post added 12-02-2015 at 15:15 ----------

I live in social housing & work for a living. I don't want anything from that Duncan Smith dolt. He thinks people can be easily bought off after spending the last 4 years maligning the unemployed and in many cases, some of those unemployed have died of their own despair - which he is stony faced about.

The man is a disgrace & scum bag. My only wish is that he is booted out at the next election and forced to sign on. I hope he suffers the humiliations that many of the unemployed have endured

Leave your job. You will get a free council house.

They have to keep paying. We cant give away every council house.

---------- Post added 12-02-2015 at 15:15 ----------

Leave your job. You will get a free council house.

Perhaps I ought to do what Duncan Smith did, & marry into a wealthy family and scrounge a mansion to live in which was my father in laws?

Perhaps I ought to do what Duncan Smith did, & marry into a wealthy family and scrounge a mansion to live in which was my father in laws?

Should everyone pay the same tax though? that would be the same thing.

Why should I pay more tax than someone else? why should someone else pay more tax than me?

Surely its about the greater social good. If everyone decided to pay the same amount of tax we would be in trouble.

Same thing begrudging someone a help up in life by means of a home.

You only have to read this report on their fundraising 'black and white ball' to see how in touch with the general public they are and where their priorities lie.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CCwQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fpolitics%2F2014%2Foct%2F12%2Fconservatives-tycoons-fundraising-black-and-white-ball&ei=RsTcVLOnH8foUvHRgTA&usg=AFQjCNEwr9KY_A2nGVcSL3A1g1BijlSy-w&bvm=bv.85970519,d.d24

Tickets at up to £1,000 a head and 'ministers sat with tycoons who's business interests coincided with the ministers portfolio'.

Ian Duncan Smith the work and pensions secretary was sat with the directors of CLC Finance, a door step lending firm which advertises loans at an annual interest rate of 769.9%.

And they wonder why we view politicians with a certain amount of cynicism.

What about them?

That's the implication isn't it. It's rewarding people for starting to behave like they should have all along, and not rewarding those who already behave appropriately.

And we're not talking about a small reward, it's worth tens to hundreds of thousands.