Twin wheelers and tyre maintenance

Regarding checking (tyre pressure & inflating) the inner tyre needs to be fitted with an extension on the valve. This means that the valve becomes accessible.

As for punctures, I would be ringing the employer to come out and sort it with a trolley jack etc. If you get a puncture too far away from the workplace, there needs to be some provision/arrangement for you to get assistance from some place like a garage or breakdown company. Without those things I would say you will have a problem.

Read the manual. The tyre should be rated to carry full load even if the other one bursts, there are probably limits on distance and speed and you might have to increase pressure.

I've been on coaches that have lost a tyre, and after checking the driver just carried on to the destination, although we had to walk a little further as he wasn't happy going up a stony track like that.

Regarding checking (tyre pressure & inflating) the inner tyre needs to be fitted with an extension on the valve. This means that the valve becomes accessible.

We do have a number for a mobile tyre repair, and they come to us.

Just checking the presure that I am unsure of. And how will I know when I have a puncture, a colleague had a puncture the other day, and only knew because a screw was scrapping the road as it turned, could not tell by looking at the tyre.

I will do some reading.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TYRE-VALVE-EXTENSION-TWIN-WHEEL-TRUCK-LORRY-VAN-BUS-CAR-190mm-LONG-DUST-CAP-/221116096717

Edited by El Cid

We do have a number for a mobile tyre repair, and they come to us.

Just checking the presure that I am unsure of. And how will I know when I have a puncture, a colleague had a puncture the other day, and only knew because a screw was scrapping the road as it turned, could not tell by looking at the tyre.

I will do some reading.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TYRE-VALVE-EXTENSION-TWIN-WHEEL-TRUCK-LORRY-VAN-BUS-CAR-190mm-LONG-DUST-CAP-/221116096717

This is why you see truckers at service stations walking around feeling the tyres looking for the hot one or the flat one..

As for punctures, I would be ringing the employer to come out and sort it with a trolley jack etc. If you get a puncture too far away from the workplace, there needs to be some provision/arrangement for you to get assistance from some place like a garage or breakdown company. Without those things I would say you will have a problem.

I have a twin wheeler and have problems inflating the inner tyre. Most petrol stations do not have the double ended inflator.

Where can I get an extension from?

I have a twin wheeler and have problems inflating the inner tyre. Most petrol stations do not have the double ended inflator.

Where can I get an extension from?

Gerry, I would ask around at tyre places or car spare shops. If they don`t supply them, they will probably know where you can get them from. Also, if you don`t mind buying online there is ebay (see link in El Cid`s post above).

remote tyre pressure check is available for cars so should be standard fit on twin wheelers

Rockon-what is remote tyre check? I`ve not heard of that, how does it work? Thanks.

Gerry, I would ask around at tyre places or car spare shops. If they don`t supply them, they will probably know where you can get them from. Also, if you don`t mind buying online there is ebay (see link in El Cid`s post above).

Rockon-what is remote tyre check? I`ve not heard of that, how does it work? Thanks.

sensor fitted to valves/tyres send info to dashboard display its been out for years