Twin wheelers and tyre maintenance

Is it an after market gadget? Is it only on commercials or also on cars?

You can find it on some cars - BMW have a system that lets you adjust the tyre pressure whilst driving as well. I know that Audi has something similar.

Any car with run flats will have a flat wheel sensor as well so it can alert you to the problem.

• 4 months later...

Hi

I Know it's been a while since this topic was posted, however, I'm Sam, I run Hometyre Sheffield, I'm an expert in the tyre industry and have lots of experience in dealing with twin axle vehicles.

As someone has said the use of extended valves should be being used and an extended, double ended nozzle will get access to the valves

You can see the inner tyres well enough to do an inspection from under the vehicle.

If you, or anyone, would like a free tyre inspection I'm happy to swing by when I'm in the area to give a professional opinion, I offer a fully mobile service so I'm always buzzing around.

---------- Post added 08-07-2015 at 18:22 ----------

Oh, and I sell TPMS, tyre pressure monitoring systems!