2016 rod licence increase.

Mr Hinks

Hi Mr Hinks,

eckorob's post states "i run a fishery and the amount of help the ea would give"

the operative word being "Would".

I'm interested in what they have actually done, say, in the event of chemical spillage, or Disease outbreak, ie did they rush out on red alert and get the problem resolved as best they can, or did they offer advise over the phone.

Regards

J

Edited by Jace

I can't say, what I do know is they ignore reports of poaching in my experience. I know there are only 3 officers in Lincolnshire two of which are based in Northamptonshire.

And I don't believe there are any active in South Yorkshire.

On top of that all they get from the courts when guilty anglers are caught breaking rules is costs. You'd think the fines would go to them but it doesn't.

I'd leave the license the same, i.e. 1 license covers 1 or 2 rods. Then give anglers the chance to license extra rods, for example £10 for the third rod.

Why do carp anglers need 3 rods by the way? They used to manage with 2 rods but at some point started to need 3 rods. Is it the pod manufacturers making pods for 3 rods that convinces people they need 3 rods? Lord knows what they would do if all 3 rods had bites.

I fully agree. I am a carp angler and usually use 2 rods. If I was on a venue that allowed 3 rods (most I go to have a 2 rod limit) and wanted to use 3 rods, I would willingly stump up the extra tenner. When you consider that it would last for a year it would be a bargain, and possibly boost the E.A.'s coffers.

I fully agree. I am a carp angler and usually use 2 rods. If I was on a venue that allowed 3 rods (most I go to have a 2 rod limit) and wanted to use 3 rods, I would willingly stump up the extra tenner. When you consider that it would last for a year it would be a bargain, and possibly boost the E.A.'s coffers.

i agree what can you buy for a tenner

last year they sent me two licences 2014, down to my mistake really.

I foolishly ordered my licence the previous year 2013 from a link that charged a premium of £11 that for some reason was slow at going through. My second error thinking I'd filled the online form in wrong I got my wife to order one for me, she using typical woman's common sense ordered the correct licence through post office counters. My fault I had paid for two.

Last year 2014 again two licences dropped through the door, one that was ordered one sent in error by the EA. The one sent in error was returned by me. I got a letter from the EA asking me to renew my licence through the post office to prevent it happening again. I still expected a reminder though and was still going to do it online.