2016 rod licence increase.

Mr Hinks

I don't know how many coarse anglers there are in England but I reckon it's far less than we think. So is there enough bailiffs. According to the EA last year there were 70,000 checks, officers caught 2,800 fishing illegally, fines totaled £600,000.

Rather than force anglers to buy an extra licence I believe sea anglers should be licenced.

The days of fishing with a cane and a bent pin are long gone backwardben

Edited by Mr Hinks

I don't know how many coarse anglers there are in England but I reckon it's far less than we think. So is there enough bailiffs. According to the EA last year there were 70,000 checks, officers caught 2,800 fishing illegally, fines totaled £600,000.

Rather than force anglers to buy an extra licence I believe sea anglers should be licenced.

as for fishing with a cane and a bent pin i see many a child with them while fishing dont you? they are the anglers of the future. dont you agree as for sea anglers being licenced i cannot see this working as there is 7,723 miles of coastline to cover or 12,429 KM if you like

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1379822 Some fishing canes for free here.

Edited by backwardben
changed

The last report I saw a few years back was that there was 4.4 million anglers per year. Obviously some of these are one offs ,however it did put fishing as the second most popular sport in the UK.

I actually had my licence checked last year, first time in my life that it's happened, and I know 3 anglers that day were caught Without licences from the match next to my match.

Where was your licence checked Doug? I rarely fish outside Sheffield and haven't seen an official. I looked on the EA website and can't find how many licences were sold last year, our last increase was 4yrs ago not as I thought 5yrs.

I know what you said about 4.4 million was true, it's a while since that figure was mentioned. It could be more it could also be a lot less,

It would be interesting to know how many licences will be sold if everyone is to only buy one, there's also the junior licence if it is to be dropped. I know quite a few kids who fish with family members, so I guess we will never know the true figure.

Has anyone had their licence checked around Sheffield recently. The EA have offices in Rotherham so we should expect to see the odd one occasionally.

There's no reason to ignore match men, it's hardly fair when match anglers are left unchecked especially if EA bailiffs are on site,

Has anyone had their licence checked around Sheffield recently. The EA have offices in Rotherham so we should expect to see the odd one occasionally.

There's no reason to ignore match men, it's hardly fair when match anglers are left unchecked especially if EA bailiffs are on site,

give them a call and ask them why they dont bite, i had to ring them last year nice set of people ask for peter of the rod licence team . sure he could help with any questions. he could not do enough for me top bloke

The last report I saw a few years back was that there was 4.4 million anglers per year. Obviously some of these are one offs ,however it did put fishing as the second most popular sport in the UK.

I've been back on the EA web site and what I found was that last year 23 million pound was generated from over 1 million anglers.

How that equates to the numbers of anglers I don't know, with short term, junior and disabled licences.

There's a lot of guff about the work the EA do, far to much to list.

All I can say I don't see it for how busy they say they are.

---------- Post added 23-02-2015 at 14:20 ----------

give them a call and ask them why they dont bite, i had to ring them last year nice set of people ask for peter of the rod licence team . sure he could help with any questions. he could not do enough for me top bloke

They may sing a good tune from their desk Paul.

They ignore reports of poaching at Ulley.