In South Africa..Is it due to become another Zimbabwe

There's too much money in South Africa for this to happen.

Sorry

There's too much 'white' money in South Africa for this to happen.

As horrible as it sounds its true, the politicians can be totally horrible but with the amount of big business there money will win over.

It may end up a dysfunctional hell-hole, but it will be totally corrupt and effectively controlled by the paymasters.

Was there corporate business in Zimbabwe?....Was there 'white' money there once upon a time?....Look at the place now....

---------- Post added 14-02-2015 at 09:59 ----------

How are things for you Bev would you consider leaving?

She already has fella....She's back here now...permanently....

Was there corporate business in Zimbabwe?....Was there 'white' money there once upon a time?....Look at the place now....

---------- Post added 14-02-2015 at 09:59 ----------

She already has fella....She's back here now...permanently....

The South African guy I was talking to told me it was difficult to get money and assets out of the Country so he was doing it by taking regular summer holidays here and doing it bit by bit.

Has that situation changed.

The South African guy I was talking to told me it was difficult to get money and assets out of the Country so he was doing it by taking regular summer holidays here and doing it bit by bit.

Has that situation changed.

I lived in Joburg in the 70s and my boss then asked me to take him money out because the s--- was going to hit the fan,my ex friends moved to the outskirts as it became unsafe in the city.

I lived in Joburg in the 70s and my boss then asked me to take him money out because the s--- was going to hit the fan,my ex friends moved to the outskirts as it became unsafe in the city.

joburg is unsafe I know it well , but Africa is still a beautiful place , its just people forget its a third world country !

Around the millenium I was working the doors at a club and a couple of South African IT consultants (remember that millenium bug?) came in, they spent hundreds of euros/guilders, whatever we had back then, which was a hell of a lot for that place, so we let them stay for the staff lock-in (not illegal, unlimited opening hours ;) ).

One was white, the other was mixed race, both of them were looking for permanent posts in the Netherlands (both spoke Afrikaans and understood Dutch by proxy) and incredibly worried about the state of affairs.

The mixed-race lad told us that his (white) dad had run a ranch for over 40 years and employed over 10 black staff, yet since the ANC had taken over he'd noticed an increasing change in the way he was perceived. A lot of people who previously greeted him stopped doing so, simply because he was mixed race. He was attacked on several occasions and now walked around armed most of the time when he wasn't in Joburg.

That was the first time I realised that the ANC winning might not be that great after all, it has been going down hill ever since I would say.

There's too much money in South Africa for this to happen.

Sorry

There's too much 'white' money in South Africa for this to happen.

As horrible as it sounds its true, the politicians can be totally horrible but with the amount of big business there money will win over.

It may end up a dysfunctional hell-hole, but it will be totally corrupt and effectively controlled by the paymasters.

This says it all really.

The people at the top of the ANC have made sure that they are millionaires. They still have a ton of guns stashed away too.

I know three or four blokes who have lived and worked in SA. None of them would go back.

Well...the problem at the moment in regard to fleeing the country, is that the Rand is really really poor when looked upon against the pound. So it's almost suicidal to exchange money in the normal way....It's freefalling against most of the worlds currencies.

As for the ANC...There's a sheep-like mentality with most of the black voters...."Oh Nelson Mandella....was good...lets vote ANC"....Hence, no matter who the ANC leader is, and no matter how corrupt they might be. The sheep vote the same.

Not so much, all thought they had one of the best economies in Africa before all the madness :(:(:(

It was very Agricultural.

Theres lots of mines, lots of natural resources in South Africa, thats the sorta stuff that brings in the big corporations.

They pay and magnificent amount of money to the government for the licence to mine, so they have every incentive to try and protect that investment however they can.

Not so much, all thought they had one of the best economies in Africa before all the madness :(:(:(

It was very Agricultural.

Theres lots of mines, lots of natural resources in South Africa, thats the sorta stuff that brings in the big corporations.

They pay and magnificent amount of money to the government for the licence to mine, so they have every incentive to try and protect that investment however they can.

'They' (the natural resources) can't be confiscated by a corrupt government?.....Where there's money there's corruption, especially if you get voted in by sheeplike voters....The South African voters will never vote anything other than the ANC