Israeli Eugenics.

The state of Israel has always had the crede that Jews were welcome. Apparently Ethiopian jews were welcome as well, but not their children, hence the injections that were given, unknowingly, to Ethiopian women to avoid them getting children.

It is 2015, it is 70 years since the nazi's committed atrocities in the name of eugenics and Israel have just admitted to have done the same. Did you see it on the news tonight? Because I didn't? Fortunately the Independent is at least a bit independent.

Edit: Just realised it is an older article, but even then, I didn't hear about it in the news in 2013 as I am sure I would have been shocked and it would have stayed with me.

It might be an idea if you asked yourself why you dug up this old news story which was broken not by the Independent but by the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, just like most news stories the Israeli government is embarrassed by are uncovered by Israeli news reporters.

These were not sterilizations but the use of a long three month form of contraception, reprehensible though it was to administer this drug to these women without their consent, to draw a direct comparison between this and Nazi medical-type atrocities, which you have done, and in which tens if not hundreds of thousands of people were murdered, is just plain wrong.

In one post, you have tried to draw a comparison between the Nazi Holocaust and the actions of an Israeli health organization which is not remotely in the same ballpark and amounts to being a form of Holocaust denial, because if all the Nazi medical-type experiments had been was contracepting women in three month blocks, nobody today would have even heard of them.

You have also tried to make out that the UK newspaper the Independent broke the story, thereby implying there was some sort of cover-up, when as is usually the case with these kind of stories, it was in actual fact Israel's journalists and Israel's free press that broke the story.

Edited by blake

Brilliant response Blake. The fact that nobody responded to this post for over 12 hours and than the first one is an attempt to discredit the story by calling me a holocaust denier is telling.

Can you explain how it is NOT eugenics (which wasn't only perpetrated by nazi's by the way) to target a specific group/race and effectively sterilise them?

Brilliant response Blake. The fact that nobody responded to this post for over 12 hours and than the first one is an attempt to discredit the story by calling me a holocaust denier is telling.

Can you explain how it is NOT eugenics (which wasn't only perpetrated by nazi's by the way) to target a specific group/race and effectively sterilise them?

The practice is[or has been] carried out in this Country as well as OTHER European ones , this on certain members of our population who are probably in no position to understand or be aware .,

It's not eugenics and the Independent article you linked, which is just a straight copy of the original Hastryz article, makes no such claim. No women were sterilized. As soon as te Israeli news reporter dug out the news there was a big stink and Israel's Health Ministry ruled that discourgaing African Jewish women living in tents in Ethiopia from getting pregnant by giving them contraceptives prior to being given free flights to, benefits, and accommodation in a much richer country, was to be immediately stopped. Let me know if anything like that ever happened in Nazi Germany.

The state of Israel has always had the crede that Jews were welcome. Apparently Ethiopian jews were welcome as well, but not their children, hence the injections that were given, unknowingly, to Ethiopian women to avoid them getting children.

It is 2015, it is 70 years since the nazi's committed atrocities in the name of eugenics and Israel have just admitted to have done the same. Did you see it on the news tonight? Because I didn't? Fortunately the Independent is at least a bit independent.

Edit: Just realised it is an older article, but even then, I didn't hear about it in the news in 2013 as I am sure I would have been shocked and it would have stayed with me.

Almost as disgusting as mass forced fgm which is currently happening in this disaster of a country dont you think right now in 2015?

It's not eugenics and the Independent article you linked, which is just a straight copy of the original Hastryz article, makes no such claim. No women were sterilized. As soon as te Israeli news reporter dug out the news there was a big stink and Israel's Health Ministry ruled that discourgaing African Jewish women living in tents in Ethiopia from getting pregnant by giving them contraceptives prior to being given free flights to, benefits, and accommodation in a much richer country, was to be immediately stopped. Let me know if anything like that ever happened in Nazi Germany.

The definition of eugenics: a science that tries to improve the human race by controlling which people become parents.

Care to explain how it is NOT eugenics? Just because women weren't sterilized, they were prevented from getting children, without their consent.

Almost as disgusting as mass forced fgm which is currently happening in this disaster of a country dont you think right now in 2015?

This is symptomatic isn't it, when someone points the finger at Israel people immediately mirror it with muslim practices. Ideal if you are Israeli, nobody discusses the fact that your state is committing terrible crimes that way.

Care to explain how it is NOT eugenics? Just because women weren't sterilized, they were prevented from getting children, without their consent.

I don't think you know enough about what was really going on to justify spouting bile on here.

Have you considered that you are talking about a group of people whose womenfolk often want contraception but would face the wrath of their menfolk should they be aware that the were taking contraceptives?

Have you considered the number of women in this group that have continued to take contraception since 2013?