Copenhagen terror shooting

That's supposed to be the entitlement of free speech. The right to offend and the right to express objection when offended.

What it doesn't entitle someone to do is use freedom of expression to incite hatred, and certainly not to commit acts of violence or murder.

I agree wholeheartedly,but I don't consider cartoons of a prophet to fall into either of those categories.

What on earth are you talking about?

I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the UK political class who speak out about our allegedly sacrosanct right to free speech after they have spent years eroding it. I wouldn't have thought that was too baffling.

Not only that but someone wants to know the names of those people buying the Charlie Hebdo magazine. So far from defending free speech they seem to want to know the names and addresses of those who do.

The link to the story of the police and the newsagents is here.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/feb/10/police-several-forces-seek-details-charlie-hebdo-readers

What I want to know is why do some muslims really think (he who must be obeyed) really would be offended by a cartoon. I'm with the ones who think otherwise. It really is a ludicrous situation, bring back Spitting Image I say.

Apparently spitting image is coming back this year,although theres not a cat in hells chance there will be a Prophet puppet.:D

I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the UK political class who speak out about our allegedly sacrosanct right to free speech after they have spent years eroding it. I wouldn't have thought that was too baffling.

Not only that but someone wants to know the names of those people buying the Charlie Hebdo magazine. So far from defending free speech they seem to want to know the names and addresses of those who do.

The link to the story of the police and the newsagents is here.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/feb/10/police-several-forces-seek-details-charlie-hebdo-readers

I have just read the link you posted and all i can say is that if it was april 1st i would have thought it was a joke.

The polices action here will only feed the growing tensions between the different religions and communities.

There should only be ONE democratic law in this country and those that choose to ignore it and try to impose their own laws should either stand for parliament and try to change them or feel free to leave this country.

MAFYA

Do me a favour will you read carefully what i have posted (POST 19) and come back on here and let us know in depth what you are really thinking and perhaps make a worthwhile contribution to this subject matter

I already gave you an answer on the racist taxi driver thread, maybe you should make a worthwhile contribution yourself instead of demanding things from others eh and ranting on about sharia law....:rolleyes: