Dem Blades v Notts County.

trav4

Agreed Longy, if we keep winning that's all we can do but in our favour both the top two played so we still have games in hand.

Just keep the lid off that banana box.

---------- Post added 17-02-2015 at 22:09 ----------

Done is having a blinding run, it's like reading the old Roy of the Rovers comic.:hihi:

Could Done and Murphy be the new Agana and Deane?.......

It was suggested that Done was a panic buy because we lost out on COG, if so we should panic more often, send for Corporal Jones.

Had we beaten PNE in the cup we would have been playing ManU last night and therefore wouldn't have played Bristol on Saturday or Notts tonight.

We'd have been six points worse off with a fixture pileup looming, and given the standard of officiating last night out of the Cup.

Blessing in disguise.

Agreed Longy, if we keep winning that's all we can do but in our favour both the top two played so we still have games in hand.

Just keep the lid off that banana box.

---------- Post added 17-02-2015 at 22:09 ----------

Done is having a blinding run, it's like reading the old Roy of the Rovers comic.:hihi:

From the sound of it, it was another close range finish for Done tonight, at Bristol they were both about a yard out - that's what we've been missing, someone to put in those chances bobbling around the six yard box.

Overall we deserved it, we were the better team.

It appeared that Notts County were time wasting at 1-1, which I find a bit bizarre.

Iain Turner, solid performance again and pulled off a cracking save early in the second half after Kennedy was done for pace,

Brayford, solid and good going forward.

Basham and Kennedy at centre half, great partnership, I think with how full blooded Kennedy is, he will at some point die on the pitch ha ha.

Harris his usual self.

Murphy was fantastic on the left and they were scared of him, reed and Doyle great together, even though they're both midgets.

Holt put in a good shift. As did Coutts...

This leaves us with Done... This guy is a revelation, we have been crying out for a player like this,

The guy never stops running and closing people down. Finally we have someone chasing the keeper as soon as he receives the ball.

Good poachers goal and now 4 in 3. What a player,

I am a bit concerned that because we know he will chase every little thing, that we will keep hitting it long for him to chase down.

On to Nigel, at 1-1 and U.S. chasing the game... He brings on McNulty, I think we are on for a treat of 442 (I used more Mike Bassett words though )..... No, 451 still with Done on the wing.

Thankfully we still pulled out the result, but it looked another bizarre move.

The team, I've not seen us chase down the ball since the Warnock era. It was great to see and the pressure forced county into a number of mistakes and us gaining possession.

Happy with the performance overall... Bring on Coventry

Deadly from 6 inches Done, in the right place at the right time, looks an instinctive goal poacher. The guy must be fit given the amount of lunatic running he does. After his goal last night he set off to celebrate at 100mph, team mates couldn't keep up.

As mentioned above the goal poaching is what we've been missing all season

Just seen the goals - another lovely strike from Murphy (who looks like a scorer of good goals), and another from two yards out from done (who looks like a good goal scorer). Flukey equaliser from them, with the defender's header hitting Reed in the face, and bouncing straight to Noble to back-heel in!

As good as McNulty and Baxter can be, neither of them have the pace to worry defenders, but Done just gives us that extra threat now.

Robbies report is pretty accurate but one thing that i couldn;t figure out last night was the amount of long balls we were knocking? The pitch looked good but we kept on bombing it over the top.

Done was fantasic again but a coutts had a quiet night- why we we didn't use adams or JCR was beyond me.

Could Done and Murphy be the new Agana and Deane?.......

Yes and no.

As classy as Murphy can be, you can't ascribe the adjective 'silky' to him the way you could with Agana. And Deane was technically a more gifted player than most folk gave him credit for. Yes, he might have been 6 foot 3 but he could play with the ball on the deck.

Morris and Edwards; Deane and Agana? Let's just be grateful that at the moment we've got Done and Murphy!!