Nearest nice seaside/beach?

Skegvegas or Cleethorpes are both about the same distance in mileage, both approx 90 miles. Cleethorpes has the advantage of the motorway speeding up journey times.

They are both about the nearest.

Cleethorpes is only a shade over 70 miles

Google is your friend.

Miles from Sheffield to Cleethorpes Central Beach, Humberside - 62 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Wallasey Beach, Merseyside - 64 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Southport Beach, Merseyside - 65 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Formby Beach, - 67 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Hornsea Beach, - 67 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Tunstall Beach, - 67 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Skipsea Beach, - 68 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Withernsea Beach, - 68 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Barmston Beach, - 69 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Lancashire - 70 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Boulevard Beach, Lancashire - 71 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Central Beach, Lancashire - 71 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to South Beach, - 72 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Wilsthorpe Beach, - 72 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Mablethorpe Central Beach, - 73 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Bridlington, - 74 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Sutton on Sea Central Beach, - 74 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Cayton Bay Beach, - 76 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Danes Dyke, - 76 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to South Landing Beach, - 76 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Filey Beach, - 77 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to South Bay, North Yorkshire - 77 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to North Bay Beach, North Yorkshire - 78 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Tower Esplanade Beach, - 78 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Prestatyn Beach, - 79 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Sandsend Beach, - 85 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Runswick Bay, - 86 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Saltburn Beach, - 87 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Heacham Beach, - 88 ml Get distance from your location to this place.

Angel1.

Mablethorpe - (or is it Mabelthorpe)? - is very near Cleethorpes, but much quieter and less developed. I liked it as a kid - I loved the deserted beaches and the low sand-dunes with all the tufts of sea-grass growing out of them. My favourite for a day trip was always Bridlington though.

Bridlington is quite easily accessible by train from Sheffield and it has a really nice, old fashioned harbour, with loads of old fishing boats and the aroma of freshly caught fish. Admittedly, Brid is not the prettiest of seaside towns, but it has a nice beach, a few of the usual "seaside" type things like arcades, candy-floss stalls etc, really nice fish & chips...and it just generally has a sort of nice, old-fashioned, traditional, Yorkshire "seasidey" vibe about it.

I haven't been to Brid for...oooh!...many a long year now. This thread has got me feeling all nostalgic for it..........

Google is your friend.

Miles from Sheffield to Cleethorpes Central Beach, Humberside - 62 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Wallasey Beach, Merseyside - 64 ml

Angel1.

Are these as the crow flies ?

My in-laws used to live in Wallasey - the quickest route via Snake/M67/M60/M56/M53 was about 90 miles and the shortest via Manchester and Liverpool best part of 80.

Google is your friend.

Miles from Sheffield to Wallasey Beach, Merseyside - 64 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Southport Beach, Merseyside - 65 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Formby Beach, - 67 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Hornsea Beach, - 67 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Tunstall Beach, - 67 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Skipsea Beach, - 68 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Withernsea Beach, - 68 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Barmston Beach, - 69 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Lancashire - 70 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Boulevard Beach, Lancashire - 71 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Central Beach, Lancashire - 71 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to South Beach, - 72 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Wilsthorpe Beach, - 72 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Mablethorpe Central Beach, - 73 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Bridlington, - 74 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Sutton on Sea Central Beach, - 74 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Cayton Bay Beach, - 76 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Danes Dyke, - 76 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to South Landing Beach, - 76 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Filey Beach, - 77 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to South Bay, North Yorkshire - 77 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to North Bay Beach, North Yorkshire - 78 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Tower Esplanade Beach, - 78 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Prestatyn Beach, - 79 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Sandsend Beach, - 85 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Runswick Bay, - 86 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Saltburn Beach, - 87 ml Get distance from your location to this place

Miles from Sheffield to Heacham Beach, - 88 ml Get distance from your location to this place.

Angel1.

Nice to be located centre of the country eh? I always liked the idea that you were similar in distances from either coast, when I lived over there.

I love good old Cleethorpes nice beachs these days,but only suitable for a few days,buts its improved in the last few years,but like most seaside towns it needs big investment

My dear old mum always went on about what I said as a little boy the first time I went to Cleethopes. Apparently I said "what's that country over there mam"? Of course I have no memory of it :nono: