New Cameras on A61 after halifax road going to Barnsley

Kiroko

Nope, they are only active when the gantries are.

They've been in the news for snapping people when the signs are not lit and the limit is the NSL.

---------- Post added 25-03-2015 at 12:51 ----------

Apparently hidden speed cameras are slowly being phased in meaning you won't get a chance to slow down. Fair enough you shouldn't be speeding in the first place ;)

No they aren't. This was on the motorway only, and they already back tracked.

What on earth are you on about?

He posts one-liners most days as a way of publicising his business. They rarely say anything interesting.

---------- Post added 25-03-2015 at 14:15 ----------

but I still don't like being lied to by the matrix sign.

I've stopped reading them because they generally just show patronising advice:

"Keep your eyes on the road!"

"Get your hair cut!"

They should use them for something useful like the football scores.

I've stopped reading them because they generally just show patronising advice:

"Keep your eyes on the road!"

"Get your hair cut!"

They should use them for something useful like the football scores.

A few weeks ago the ones one the M1 North between Sheffield and Leeds had being saying

"Red X means lane closed"

Which made me chuckle as they are no-where near installing the lane control kit there yet.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

A few weeks ago the ones one the M1 North between Sheffield and Leeds had being saying

"Red X means lane closed"

Which made me chuckle as they are no-where near installing the lane control kit there yet.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Chuckle away - but there will still be drivers whingeing about lack of signage when they are ticketed for driving under a red X.

To clear up any confusion, these new cameras are at the disposal of the authorities all the time whether a lower limit or NSL applies.

Edited by DT Ralge

Driving along A61 towards Tankersley this morning, at 50mph, a car pulled out in front of me from the Howbrook junction, causing me to reduce my speed slightly. Then, to my amazement the car behind also pulled out, meaning I had to brake sharply.

A collision could quite easily have happened, caused by the impatience of the motorist joining the A61. Speed is not necessarily the cause of accidents, poor driving quite often is!

Driving along A61 towards Tankersley this morning, at 50mph, a car pulled out in front of me from the Howbrook junction, causing me to reduce my speed slightly. Then, to my amazement the car behind also pulled out, meaning I had to brake sharply.

A collision could quite easily have happened, caused by the impatience of the motorist joining the A61. Speed is not necessarily the cause of accidents, poor driving quite often is!

That's why the thinking driver asks, "where's his mate?" - where there's one, there's often a second.

It's also the reason I never follow anyone, preferring instead to know exactly where I'm going, independent of the one ahead.

Ask yourself if you were travelling 10mph faster how much more of an issue it would have been.

Edited by DT Ralge

He'd have passed the junction 5 minutes earlier, so no issue...

I always assume (when on my bike at least) that if I see one car (pull out, pass a junction, whatever) that there's another one close behind, even if I can't hear it.

He'd have passed the junction 5 minutes earlier, so no issue...

I always assume (when on my bike at least) that if I see one car (pull out, pass a junction, whatever) that there's another one close behind, even if I can't hear it.

Your first bit is the disingenuous answer - I guess you know that, though, and I don't need to explain the differences between pulling out from a junction in the face of 50mph traffic relative to pulling out in front of 60mph traffic.