Who has memories of the Ruskin Collection?

sneekypete

Hi folks!

I'm doing a research project on the Ruskin Collection, and I'm really interested in finding out if anyone on here has memories or recollections of the museum? The collection is currently in the Millennium Galleries, but has previously been in Walkley, Meersbrook Park, and on Norfolk St. In particular, some people on here might remember it on Norfolk St, or have older relatives who remember it in Meersbrook Park.

Do get in touch if you can help - ruskinmuseumsproject@gmail.com. Thanks!

Edited by sneekypete

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

We're particularly keen for any recollections at all about the Ruskin Museum at Meersbrook Park, as it's prooving quite elusive - there was no visitor book there and very few records of the museum.

Please do get in contact or post below if you do have any memories of these museums!

Thanks

I went to The Ruskin Museum at Meersbrook Park a couple of times in the early 1950s, but I was only 5 or 6 at the time & can remember nothing about it apart from the name of the curator. Her name was Miss Pilley & she lived on nearby Brook Road (I think).

Edited by fatrajah

I went to meersbrook bank school from the early fifties and the park was our playground, the only memory i have of the ruskin collection was a stuffed peacock in a glass cage and the musty smell of the place.Cant remember when it shut, must have been mid to late fifties.