Amey and the Tarmac fiasco

Then why are the other roads around there not being resurfaced. They are full of potholes that end of town and need desperate maintenance.

They aren't doing entire areas at once - in places they've done a main road but will need to come back later to do the side streets. I don't know why, but it's not a special thing just for the cycling route.

They aren't doing entire areas at once - in places they've done a main road but will need to come back later to do the side streets. I don't know why, but it's not a special thing just for the cycling route.

They did all the roads the tour came on and there are many other potholed roads around there that have been ignored.

Not a single road the tour the france came on is comparable with many other similar roads the tour did not use.

When are they doing Southey the area is full of pot holes everywhere, I visited it today and I've damaged my wheel with a pot hole on Donovan Road, where can I claim for the repair re this, anyone?

Good luck trying to claim ,believe me the council will try their hardest to wriggle out of any claim

When are they doing Southey the area is full of pot holes everywhere, I visited it today and I've damaged my wheel with a pot hole on Donovan Road, where can I claim for the repair re this, anyone?

Try Amey website, it shows when the various areas of Sheffield

are due to have road surface renewal. Link below may help re pot holes as well

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject.html

Edited by bazjea

Whichever way you paint it Bryan, the quality stinks. Just have a walk around Smalldale and Churchdale Road and take a look at the work that's been done on the pavements. I'm no expert on Tarmac (but I am on concrete slabs and screeds on the biggest PFI hospital and school construction projects all over the UK as a Quality Manager) and I can tell you that those edges that are tarmaced up to the mud aren't going to last. I'll give it a year until they corrode and the whole path starts delaminating. While you take a look at the shoddy work on the pavements have a look at the state of the grass verges that the Amey contractors have churned up. As you might know, some people in Frecheville are keen to look after their grass outside their house.:hihi:

apparently the contract they have says if edge stones are missing they are allowed just to tarmac up to the mud , ive seen this in many areas and anyone with the slightest knowledge knows that after a short while this will cause degredation of the footpath ,and by the way mr lodge ,the street lighting has not been improved it is far duller that it was before these so called improvements

Edited by hackey lad

I think it's obvious why. Spend too long in one area and people get annoyed at the disruption.

---------- Post added 21-02-2015 at 09:22 ----------

Then why are the other roads around there not being resurfaced. They are full of potholes that end of town and need desperate maintenance.

Report the potholes!

All roads are going to be done, but the programme lasts several years.