White Lion, Heeley

Andy C

Met with Jon the other day re The White Lion supporting the Farm amongst others and they seem very enthusiastic and keen to make it a community pub. I really hope they make a go of it as it's a great little pub and they seem like a nice couple.

Good luck with it. Always a pub I've liked going in although I am one of those that went for the loud groups and their rock covers!

You'll be well catered for in that regard, you have my word.

Met with Jon the other day re The White Lion supporting the Farm amongst others and they seem very enthusiastic and keen to make it a community pub. I really hope they make a go of it as it's a great little pub and they seem like a nice couple.

Thank you, that's very nice of you to say. Yes, we're from the area and are keen to make it somewhere that represents the local interests. We really want to support local charities, groups, concerns and small businesses in Heeley and Meersbrook - if something you do fits this bill then please do get in touch as we would like the facilities we have available to promote your activites and get the word out to the area.

You'll be well catered for in that regard, you have my word.

Thank you, that's very nice of you to say. Yes, we're from the area and are keen to make it somewhere that represents the local interests. We really want to support local charities, groups, concerns and small businesses in Heeley and Meersbrook - if something you do fits this bill then please do get in touch as we would like the facilities we have available to promote your activites and get the word out to the area.

The quicker you take over the less damage will be done. I was in the pub last week. A guy at the bar ordered a pint of Hobgoblin. It was served in a brim measure handle mug with fully an inch and a half of head. The customer looked in disbelief as it was handed over. He asked for a top up. The bar man made a slight tug on the pump. The level didn't change. The guy asked for another top up but the barman insisted on serving some else first. After a 2nd to up the level was still well over an inch and a quarter short. The customer shrugged his shoulders as he reluctantly walked off with 3/4 pint for which he'd paid £3.20. I doubt he will be back.

We take over tomorrow, shutting Monday and Tuesday to take care of the cleaning, ordering, pricing, tills etc, and then back open from Wednesday onwards.

We have a mini-launch on Friday - I say mini-launch as there is a significant refurb to take place (toilets etc) which will necessitate a few other days of closure whilst this - much needed - revamp takes place.

The staff who are being retained have been doing their best to explain the current situation and to let people know of the change next week so yes, hopefully not too much damage!