Anyone remember Aberdeen Street?

Sweep

Leslie Moore lived on Monmouth St and I knew him very well, he was a cousin of my best mate at that time Ken(Curly)Wild, and he also played for Lincoln City and if I remember rightly finished his career at Buxton,Les died a few years ago.The funny thing I remember about Les was when we were young he could not play football for toffee!

• 3 years later...

I lived in Aberdeen Street from birth 1953 for seven years. We lived at 1 court 4 not to be confused with 4 court 1 which was lower down. Most of my family lived on Aberdeen Street. Everyone seemed to know everyone else. I attended Springfield School which I beleive is still there.

Some good memories there. I lived in Aberdeen St. from when I was born until about 1963 when the street was demolished.

I lived next door to the Bownes family and remember that Lol used to operate the scoreboard at Bramall Lane (but I didn't hold it against him)

Jimmy Crawford lived opposite, as did Les Moore who played football, I think for Derby.

A few others that I remember were the Steens, Hutchinsons and the Radford family

There is a photo on PictureSheffield of the bottom of Aberdeen St when it was being pulled down. This should be the link :

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoom&keywords=Ref_No_increment;MATCHES;(^|%20+)s13859($|%20+)&continueUrl=ZnJvbnRlbmQucGhwPyZrZXl3b3Jkcz1hbGwlM0JNQVRDSEVTJTNCJTI4JTVFJTdDKyUyQiUyOUFiZXJkZWVuJTI4JTI0JTdDKyUyQiUyOSZhY3Rpb249c2VhcmNoJm9wZXJhdGlvbj1BTkQ=

hiya I remember jimmy Crawford when he was plain Ronnie Lindsey he went to springfield prior to 11 plus, he lived at the bottom of Aberdeen st ,he was a good swimmer I recall. across the road lived a family called Naylor, Michael and Raymond,their father was a fireman i recall there was roy bownes who was a ball boy at the lane when it was three sided, there was the woralls near the top also, as for where it was it was opposite what was viners canteen, some way away from Thomas st. jack fletcher lived there as well.

Edited by willybite

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...