Does anyone know where to get a tortoise from?

kelibobs

Tortoises do not live in tanks, those are turtles or terrapins. It is illegal to sell tortoises in this country as they are an endangered species. You will need a registered breeder if you want one over here. Pet shops don't sell them

I have 2 tortoises what live in a vivarium, They are horsefield tortoises , they are lovely animals and they need a heated viv . I love it when they come on holiday here , they were in a glass tank when they were small again with heat pad and light . you can buy only from a licensed breeder I believe

I have 2 tortoises what live in a vivarium, They are horsefield tortoises , they are lovely animals and they need a heated viv . I love it when they come on holiday here , they were in a glass tank when they were small again with heat pad and light . you can buy only from a licensed breeder I believe

That is correct Teeny, registered breeders only

I've seen tortoises for sale at both the snake shop in attercliffe and Blue Lizard reptiles at dinnington. You could also try the lizard lounge at hillsborough. I've certainly bought food for mine from there, so they should have the animals. I seem to think attercliffe only do horsefields and the one in dinnington had a choice. You could also try snakes and adders at manor top, sure they had some last time I went in.