Sheffield Beer Week - 16th - 22nd March

Stoatwobbler

Brewers have to DONATE the beer to the festival. Sadly, almost by definition the brewers who interest us most are ones who can least afford to give it away...

So they get the beer for free from brewers and charge to get in and it's rammed......this is almost an A4e type business venture.

Yep. Let's just say Steel City won't be joining SIBA any time soon...

My mate has just got the job of organising the Barnsley CAMRA festival(s) if you're interested in flogging em some beer?

could do - I ain't donating it though ;)

when is it?

LOL No. I think they have a budget of between £50 and £80a barrell, depending on quality, but don't tell him I told you that!

It's may day bank hol weekend. I think.

A couple more things have been announced.

Friday 20th March

Fuggle Bunny Brewery Open Day

Venue: Fuggle Bunny brew house, Unit 1, Meadowbrook Park Ind. Estate, Station Road, Holbrook, Sheffield. S20 3PJ

Date: Friday 20th March

Time: 09:00 to 17:00

Cost: Free

Fugglebunny open their doors on Friday 20th March in support of Sheffield Beer Week. Spend the day with the award winning brewery team at their site based between Halfway and Killamarsh to the East of Sheffield. The brewery launched on the 1st February last year and started producing beer on the 1st of March. During this time they have created 7 characterful ales including their latest creation, Chapter 7 – Russian Rare-Bit 5% (an Imperial Black Stout), which won Gold at the Sheffield 40th Anniversary Beer & Cider Festival in 2014.

Week Long Events

A Beery Good Menu at Rutland Arms

Venue: Rutland Arms, 86 Brown Street, S1 2BS

Date: Throughout Sheffield Beer Week

If you’re feeling peckish during Sheffield Beer Week, head to the Rutland Arms as chef Rico will be creating a beer inspired dish each day – along with a beer pairing. Just look out for the specials board to the right of the bar for more details!

Beers for SIBA

Venue: New Barrack Tavern

Website: http://www.castlerockbrewery.co.uk/pubs/new-barrack-tavern/

Date: From Wednesday 18th March

In celebration of SIBA attending the city for a third time, New Barrack Tavern will have new beers on throughout the week including Allendale Brewery’s APA , Inveralmond’s Lia Fail and Castle Rock’s New Zealand hopped IPA Idle Valley Reserve. Live music will be played Friday and Saturday night.