Sheffield Beer Week - 16th - 22nd March

Stoatwobbler

Stopped off yesterday on the way back from work . . . . . and it was closed!!! :(

They do have a habit of randomly closing around tea time if the guy that runs it has to pick his kids up from school! It normally gets announced on Twitter though.

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 12:42 ----------

Another beer week event...

beer tasting competition at the Three Tuns in Sheffield Centre

Thursday 19th March 6:30pm

£5 to enter, this gets you 5 x 1/3rds of mystery beers and a sheet of tasting notes

Simply work out from the tasting notes and flavour which beer is which

Participant with most correct answers wins a prize. In the event of a tie-break situation a taste-off will occur!

They do have a habit of randomly closing around tea time if the guy that runs it has to pick his kids up from school! It normally gets announced on Twitter though.

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 12:42 ----------

Another beer week event...

beer tasting competition at the Three Tuns in Sheffield Centre

Thursday 19th March 6:30pm

£5 to enter, this gets you 5 x 1/3rds of mystery beers and a sheet of tasting notes

Simply work out from the tasting notes and flavour which beer is which

Participant with most correct answers wins a prize. In the event of a tie-break situation a taste-off will occur!

Clever idea. The beer tasting. Not the random closing. That is commercial suicide.

Clever idea. The beer tasting. Not the random closing. That is commercial suicide.

I can't claim it to be an original idea - Thornbridge held one a few years back at the Coach & Horses in Dronfield when Cat & Kelly were there, but it can be an enjoyable and interesting thing to do.

For those that find the time a little early, there will be a mini tasting competition later the same evening at the Dog & Partridge as a bonus round of their newly launched quiz night - that will be a 7:30pm start. At the Dog version I anticipate it will be 50p to enter the main quiz then a £1 supplement for the beer tasting where you will get about 6 shot glass size tasters. Food is served until 8:30pm

Just a little nudge for Sheffield Beer Week. We've added quite a few new events. Sadly as new user I can't post the link, but they're on our website. I hope you find something that you fancy!

Cheers

Clare

New? Aren't you also Sheffield Forum Foodie and general girl-about-town FKA Claret?

New? Aren't you also Sheffield Forum Foodie and general girl-about-town FKA Claret?

I am!! But can I remember my password for the Claret account? Can I chuffers!! AND I can't seem to pass the encrypted text test to get a new password sent through... I don't think I'm having a very good day.

So more new account than new user...

I am!! But can I remember my password for the Claret account? Can I chuffers!! AND I can't seem to pass the encrypted text test to get a new password sent through... I don't think I'm having a very good day.

Don't worry - have a beer...

Current beer week event line up...

MONDAY

- Bottled IPA tasting at Shakespeare's - in conjunction with Beer Central

TUESDAY

- Barrel aged beers - a tasting hosted by Siren Craft Brewery at Shakespeare's

WEDNESDAY

- Siren Craft Brewery tap takeover and meet-the-brewer at the Rutland Arms

- Meet The Brewers - Steel City, Waen and others at Shakespeare's

THURSDAY

- Britain's Beer Revolution - book signing at the Sheffield Tap

- Trappist beer night - Devonshire Cat

- Cask v Keg with Abbeydale and Rat Breweries at Shakespeare's

- Beer tasting competition at the Three Tuns

- Quiz night with beery bonus round at the Dog & Partridge

- Beer and Cheese pairing evening at Urban Deli

- Meet the Brewer - Great Heck Brewery at the Tap & Tankard

FRIDAY

- Fuggle Bunny Brew House open day

- SIBA BeerX festival of beer

SATURDAY

- CAMRGB Twissup, meet at the Sheffield Tap

- SIBA BeerX festival of beer

- Meet the Brewer - Stancill and Bradfield at the Red Deer

SUNDAY

- Beer Week closing party at Stancill Brewery

ALL WEEK

- Beery good menu at the Rutland Arms

- Beers for SIBA at the New Barrack Tavern

- Beer & Cheese at Anchorage

Mod Note

Please contact the helpdesk and we'll reunite you with your old account