Sheffield Beer Week - 16th - 22nd March

Stoatwobbler

I intend to go to the Siren night at the Rutland on the Wednesday then I'm doing the beer tasting competition at the 3 Tuns on the Thursday, followed by the quiz at the Dog & Partridge. Also plan on going to Stancill Brewery for the party on the Sunday.

I intend to go to the Siren night at the Rutland on the Wednesday then I'm doing the beer tasting competition at the 3 Tuns on the Thursday, followed by the quiz at the Dog & Partridge. Also plan on going to Stancill Brewery for the party on the Sunday.

Sounds like a great week! I'll see you at the closing party - should be a good one!

Rutland Arms Siren Craft night is the one event I will definitely be at!

Part of me is considering the CAMRGB crawl. Simply because I would be able to meet up with a few people I normally only talk to on Twitter. Even though I'm not actually a fan of CAMRGB's happy-clappy approach to beer.

I'll be there too Stoaty - a few of us that use Untappd are meeting up there. I think it might be rather busy. But always room for one more if you want to join in?

Rutland Arms Siren Craft night is the one event I will definitely be at!

Part of me is considering the CAMRGB crawl. Simply because I would be able to meet up with a few people I normally only talk to on Twitter. Even though I'm not actually a fan of CAMRGB's happy-clappy approach to beer.

I used to follow him on Twitter but he kept giving Sheffield Star style reviews to most of the beers he posted. There is only so many overly positive reviews you can read about average beer before you decide enough is enough. It's also why I stopped following Perfect Pint as I'd had enough of retweeted pictures of bottles of spitfire with captions such as my weekend sorted!

I used to follow him on Twitter but he kept giving Sheffield Star style reviews to most of the beers he posted. There is only so many overly positive reviews you can read about average beer before you decide enough is enough. It's also why I stopped following Perfect Pint as I'd had enough of retweeted pictures of bottles of spitfire with captions such as my weekend sorted!

I don't pay too much attention to the overwhelming majority of beer reviews anyway. So I couldn't tell you if it's any worse then the gumph that gets posted as beer reviews on Youtube or the horrors of ratebeer.com

To be honest, the biggest thing I have in common with CAMRGB is a dislike of a beer writer from Essex who makes Roger Protz look positively cutting edge and has a grudge against CAMRGB.

TONIGHT

Twitter beer chat with #SocialSheffield 7pm-8pm

MAIN EVENT FOR TUESDAY

Barrel Aged Beer Tasting with Siren Craft Brew

Venue: Shakespeares, 146-148 Gibraltar Street, Sheffield, S3 8UB

Time: 19:30

Cost: £10

A chance to taste some of Siren Craft Brew’s exceptional barrel aged beers! Members of this top rated brewery (according to 2014 Rate Beer Awards) will also be on hand to discuss the effects each cask has on the beers you try. The tasting includes a half of Siren’s flagship multi-barrel aged and blended Maiden 2014 and their Broken Dream Breakfast Stout aged in Ardbeg Whisky casks. Contact Chris at Shakespeares to book a place or just turn up on the night.

We also have a few events on all week, including beer and cheese pairings, free tastings and a photography exhibition - http://sheffieldbeerweek.co.uk/week-long-events/

For those of you who are on Twitter, it would be great if you could join in with the beery chat tonight. Just follow #socialsheffield and chip in whenever you fancy! I'll be lurking around under @SheffieldBeerWeek and/or @FeastAndGlory too!