Penistone Road!

autumn

Maybe they'll get fuller though? And its not like the new bus lane will hinder the cars in any way as there's still the same space for cars. I see your point though, it was a lot of money to spend for not a massive amount of gain and I do think it isn't that well thought out. Its not completely pointless though.

I can't see why they would.

They could have made the lane a multi-occupancy lane, ie for people with 2+ people in their cars... Benefit more people that way and encourage car sharing when commuting.

I can't see why they would.

They could have made the lane a multi-occupancy lane, ie for people with 2+ people in their cars... Benefit more people that way and encourage car sharing when commuting.

from what's been said on some threads (probably including this one), the money is only made available if it is earmarked for bus lanes. So SCC either take the money and put in bus lanes, or have to fund whatever they do themselves.

Multi-occupancy car usage could make sense though

Can I just point out, as the bus lane is now in effect...

Pulling into the bus lane before the arrows show you can do so at Morrisons will earn you a fine, wether it's 20 or 2 foot before them

Then trying to undertake the vehicle that was in front of you in the left hand car lane, can easily end in an accident, which would be your fault, you shouldn't undertake, because (as I did last night) when it is correct to pull into the bus lane to turn left at Morrisons, the car your trying to undertake may not be as observant as I was and just ram into you side on.

So expect a fine (is it £70?) through the door, but be happy I saw you before changing lanes :) I'm sure the Mcdonalds must have been worth the risk.