Penistone Road!

autumn

Looks like they are planned to last until 27th Feb. Information from http://www.roadworks.org

Feb the 27th !

Are they actually working on it from 8.00 AM to 10.00PM with loads of man and plant ? If not, why not ?

If they aren`t I really do think this a classic case where the utility doing the work should be fined for every day they`re blocking the road. Weren`t they thinking of bringing that in a few years ago ? What happened ?

What about the emergency services ? It must be a nightmare for them ,some roads are just 2 narrow for the traffic to get out of their way . All entrances are blocked because too much traffic is having to use the same routes . I know it would have been difficult but would temporary lights on Parkside have made things a little easier especially as it's only the left side ,outward that is dug up . It's half term this week so god help us next week when the school buses are back plus the school run .

You can do the stupid little route that allows you to cross the tramgate, turn right off middlewood road (on taplin?), turn left, turn left onto holme lane, across the corner, all the way around the roundabout, back to the corner, turn left onto langsett road. Stupid. But better than sitting on Penistone Rd for an hour.

Crickey, Hobson's choice or what :)

What about the emergency services ? It must be a nightmare for them ,some roads are just 2 narrow for the traffic to get out of their way . All entrances are blocked because too much traffic is having to use the same routes . I know it would have been difficult but would temporary lights on Parkside have made things a little easier especially as it's only the left side ,outward that is dug up . It's half term this week so god help us next week when the school buses are back plus the school run .

Good point.

Tried to get home from BQ turn off heading towards Leppings Lane roundabout yesterday along Penistone Road Traffic- just like - well like Black Friday shopping queue- so thought - well I can cut up one of the side roads (trying to get up to Parkside Road and Wadsley Lane) - so I endured 20 minutes from BQ turn off to Wednesday Ground - and lo and behold - the roads were blocked off - 'residents only' - so all the cars who could simply turn left and vanish from the Black Friday queues were trapped up to Leppings Lane and Law Brothers - wot a silly silly thing to do oh wonderful council workers and road layers! Cause major hold ups when a simple left turn only off Penistone road and 'no entry' from Leppings lane on Vere Road(preventing nose to nose as folk try to go up and come down) or the other would have allowed folk to get home and get on! Yes - feeling for the residents on these roads - but I suspect nothing really much more than an ordinary day - and helping us all out as well! So what could have been reduced by at least 15 mins turned out to be a nightmare! Whose plan is this - someone who is even now I suspect smirking at the inconvenience yet again for the folk trying to get home after a full days work.

Not sure who planned that lights instead of the roundabout at the bottom of Halifax road were a good idea, but traffic has never been so bad. And don't blame sainsburys because the store is only taking around 40% of what it expected to take.

Doesn't take many cars to choke up the junction into Sainsbury's, I passed at 9.30am and there was already a long queue up towards the railway bridge.

Not sure who planned that lights instead of the roundabout at the bottom of Halifax road were a good idea, but traffic has never been so bad. And don't blame sainsburys because the store is only taking around 40% of what it expected to take.

Not surprised its only taking 40%....nobody can get to it!

Seriously, hope this store is boycotted, to make the point it was never wanted in the first place.

I've found traffic flows much better with the traffic lights. I never used to use Penistone Road to get home from town to Parson Cross but I use it every day now.

There have been problems this week because cars can't go up Parkside Road at the moment so everything has to go via the new junction.

Sainsburys is great, it's always empty, has wide Isles and everything I need.