Penistone Road!

autumn

I presume if a speed bump is on a 30mph road, you should be able to travel over it at 30mph. Am I right?

Wrong. 30 mph would be the maximum designated speed for that road, not the speed one SHOULD be doing, especially in obstructed situations...

Wrong. 30 mph would be the maximum designated speed for that road, not the speed one SHOULD be doing, especially in obstructed situations...

So in effect the council are reducing the maximum speed of the road. I thought that could only be done by the Government

So in effect the council are reducing the maximum speed of the road. I thought that could only be done by the Government

the maximum speed of any road is hundreds of mph, whether that speed is safe for the driver, other road users, pedestrians and bystanders or not is another matter.

road safety furniture is designed to discourage people from exceeding the speed limit which is the maximum (speed limits are maxima not targets) safe speed of a particular stretch of road.

the maximum speed of any road is hundreds of mph, whether that speed is safe for the driver, other road users, pedestrians and bystanders or not is another matter.

road safety furniture is designed to discourage people from exceeding the speed limit which is the maximum (speed limits are maxima not targets) safe speed of a particular stretch of road.

Sorry but the maximum speed for a road is the designated speed limit for the road. If the speed limit is 30mph, you should be able to drive at 30mph if the conditions are suitable. Adding a speed bump is altering the speed limit of the road.

Sorry but the maximum speed for a road is the designated speed limit for the road. If the speed limit is 30mph, you should be able to drive at 30mph if the conditions are suitable. Adding a speed bump is altering the speed limit of the road.

It isn't, the limit is still 30, you can drive at 30 over a speed hump if you like, damage to the vehicle is at your own risk as you are also supposed to take account of the road conditions.