20 million on the breadline in Britain

The people who do well from humble beginnings are to be congratulated, they show they are not scrotes - but please, don't group distinguished essential professions like medicine and engineering with nonsense like art and those who call themselves 'artists'.

And what about the people that don't do well from humble beginnings, you think they're scrotes? And things like art and literature aren't nonsense at all, they enrich the lives of those that appreciate them - wealthy or not. Just because you don't understand or place any value on the arts, doesn't mean that they aren't important

And what about the people that don't do well from humble beginnings, you think they're scrotes? And things like art and literature aren't nonsense at all, they enrich the lives of those that appreciate them - wealthy or not. Just because you don't understand or place any value on the arts, doesn't mean that they aren't important
I enjoy and value various aspects of the arts, but would never consider an 'artists' to be an important member of society or to be comparable to a true educated professional. Given the choice between a nice watercolour on the breakfast room wall and an efficient boiler, I'll have the boiler please.

I enjoy and value various aspects of the arts, but would never consider an 'artists' to be an important member of society or to be comparable to a true educated professional. Given the choice between a nice watercolour on the breakfast room wall and an efficient boiler, I'll have the boiler please.

Well I think most people would choose an efficient boiler, but it's sad that you don't consider artists to be important members of society. However given you said that slavery should be reintroduced on another thread, your views expressed on here aren't surprising.

I work in the arts. I've contributed towards society. I've paid a hell of a lot of tax for the past 5 years!

Anyone who thinks artists are not important is a idiot. Musicians have shaped society for decades. Architects have continually shaped the look of our cities. Look at Rome and Paris as good examples of important artists.

No, but Being cleaver is a product of upbringing and schooling too. However, sadly doing well at school is definitely not a ticket to becoming one of the privileged few. Like I said, you have to fall out of the right woman to be a guaranteed member of that club.

You could marry the right vagina too?

---------- Post added 22-02-2015 at 21:12 ----------

There we are folks, public money into private pockets. That's how it's done. There's a lot of money to be made out of poverty!

But most of the time it's private money going into public pockets. It's private businesses that make money to pay taxes to support the vast public sector.

If the public sector uses the more efficient private sector to house those who are without then so be it.

You make it sound like a bad thing that people are being housed?

---------- Post added 22-02-2015 at 21:13 ----------

I work in the arts. I've contributed towards society. I've paid a hell of a lot of tax for the past 5 years!

Anyone who thinks artists are not important is a idiot. Musicians have shaped society for decades. Architects have continually shaped the look of our cities. Look at Rome and Paris as good examples of important artists.

I have to agree with you here.

But most of the time it's private money going into public pockets. It's private businesses that make money to pay taxes to support the vast public sector.

If the public sector uses the more efficient private sector to house those who are without then so be it.

You make it sound like a bad thing that people are being housed?

I don't know if RonJeremy has been fast asleep over the last few days. Somehow it seems that he's missed all that press coverage of the eye-watering scale of tax evasion, fraud and sleaze that is manifest in the financial arrangements of millionaires and big business and their transactions in the secrecy jurisdictions of Switzerland, Luxembourg, the Cayman Islands and other tax havens.

But:

EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT TAX AVOIDANCE NOW!

The only task left for compassionate people is to make sure that everyone understands that tax dodging and cuts to essential public services are two sides of the same coin!

I don't know if RonJeremy has been fast asleep over the last few days. Somehow it seems that he's missed all that press coverage of the eye-watering scale of tax evasion, fraud and sleaze that is manifest in the financial arrangements of millionaires and big business and their transactions in the secrecy jurisdictions of Switzerland, Luxembourg, the Cayman Islands and other tax havens.

But:

EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT TAX AVOIDANCE NOW!

The only task left for compassionate people is to make sure that everyone understands that tax dodging and cuts to essential public services are two sides of the same coin!

Avoidance / evasion which one are you talking about?

What was your answer about equality? I've been busy searching the thread for your answer - cant find it

Avoidance / evasion which one are you talking about?

What was your answer about equality? I've been busy searching the thread for your answer - cant find it

If you really are interested in the theme of equality, then please just take a look at any of the host of threads and topics I have posted on SheffieldForum over the last four years. They all address the issue.

We're talking about both Ron. One is illegal, the other is totally immoral but legal, just like playing the benefits system.

It's not immoral to avoid tax at all - I contribute to a pension which avoids some tax. I recently invested in some machinery, which had it not attracted full tax relief, may well not have done in this tax year. I reclaimed the employers relief on NI.

I have stopped investing in new businesses or new properties (to let) until after the election. If the lefties get in and put up the tax rates then it wont be worth the investment.

I pay all my taxes when they are due - some of which I deeply resent.

Equality of tax would be interesting in my book - everybody pays the same amount? Now would that be "fair"? :hihi:

---------- Post added 22-02-2015 at 22:17 ----------

If you really are interested in the theme of equality, then please just take a look at any of the host of threads and topics I have posted on SheffieldForum over the last four years. They all address the issue.

I have very little interest in equality of outcome - it is communism - it doesn't and hasn't worked. It only leads to poverty.

Equality of opportunity - fantastic.