20 million on the breadline in Britain

Your muddling of the lines is brilliant trying to get an erroneous point across.

If others believed it it would be a problem. But I'm sure they don't.

In the context of this threaad it is not erroneous at all, but a perfectly valid point.

As for aggresive tax avoidance costing us more than benefit cheats, it's a proven fact. Look it up yourself.

Then you couldn't be more wrong. You think that the wealthy are a drain on the economy and that the people on benefits are a contributor? Are you just winding people up on here giving a totally upside down view of how things are for a reason?

Loads of people on benefits contribute to the economy and society by engaging in necessary voluntary work, saving the treasury billions.

Your muddling of the lines is brilliant trying to get an erroneous point across.

If others believed it it would be a problem. But I'm sure they don't.

In the context of this threaad it is not erroneous at all, but a perfectly valid point.

As for aggresive tax avoidance costing us more than benefit cheats, it's a proven fact. Look it up yourself.

Bolds. That doesn't really mean anything.

Comparing two different things. Most people do this, so you aren't in the minority.

Just as often people mix together tax avoiders and tax evaders, people mix up benefit claimants and benefit cheats.

I could easily say that benefit claimants claim more than the amount that tax evaders evade. In fact I could equally say that all the tax that is avoided AND evaded added together comes to less than is claimed in benefits. Look it up for yourself.

It's right, but don't bother checking it if you don't want because it is as meaningless as your point.

Bolds. That doesn't really mean anything.

Comparing two different things. Most people do this, so you aren't in the minority.

Just as often people mix together tax avoiders and tax evaders, people mix up benefit claimants and benefit cheats.

I could easily say that benefit claimants claim more than the amount that tax evaders evade. In fact I could equally say that all the tax that is avoided AND evaded added together comes to less than is claimed in benefits. Look it up for yourself.

It's right, but don't bother checking it if you don't want because it is as meaningless as your point.

I disagree. Surely tax is the common denominator.

There is moral outrage at people who 'rob' the state with bogus claims for benefit, and these people, if caught, suffer harsh penalties and punishment for relatively small ammounts.

Tax evasion, on the other hand, also robs the state of billions, but in the case of the most serious offenders, (like the billionaire guy who didn't pay any income tax for 24 years,) when discovered, they aren't even prosecuted.

Where's the status quo in that? The only difference is that the poor man doesn't have powerful friends, unlike the rich.

There is moral outrage at people who 'rob' the state with bogus claims for benefit, and these people, if caught, suffer harsh penalties and punishment for relatively small ammounts.

Tax evasion, on the other hand, also robs the state of billions, but in the case of the most serious offenders, (like the billionaire guy who didn't pay any income tax for 24 years,) when discovered, they aren't even prosecuted.

Where's the status quo in that? The only difference is that the poor man doesn't have powerful friends, unlike the rich.

You've done exactly the same thing again!

A good example of how rich are treated differently to the poor; look at Jordan Belfort, of Wolf Of Wall Street fame.

He committed fraud, went to prison for 4 years and told to pay back in excess of $100 million to the people he stole from.

Check out how much he's worth today and check out how much he's actually paid back! Would a poor person be treat the same? I mean you can't even claim JSA if you have savings over £16k for crying out loud!

A good example of how rich are treated differently to the poor; look at Jordan Belfort, of Wolf Of Wall Street fame.

He committed fraud, went to prison for 4 years and told to pay back in excess of $100 million to the people he stole from.

Check out how much he's worth today and check out how much he's actually paid back! Would a poor person be treat the same? I mean you can't even claim JSA if you have savings over £16k for crying out loud!

America / Britain. $ / £ . there you go blurring the lines again

How many poor people get declared bankrupt (often because they overspent on luxuries they couldn't afford) and have to pay back the enormous amount of 1£ per month on a £5,000 debt?