20 million on the breadline in Britain

I sometimes think that if Labour won the election in 2010, it wouldn't be UKIP as the 'new opposition party', it would be something akin to Syriza after the UK had to go cap in hand to the EU for a bailout.

I know people in Greece, I have friends there. If the rules from the Troika and the EU were meant to provide a solution then the Northern Euro countries were just wrong.

How can you demand a country change it's entire economic and social structure when unemployment is 80%?

They demanded an increase in GDP...but how can you do that when nobody has a job?

It is a balance...everyone knows that saving money is good, I'm pathalogical about it, but on the other had you have to spend...or the shopkeepers go but.

Greece was made to cut to the bone but was also prevented from making money. Everyone unemployed. How does that create income?

No doubt the rich haven't even noticed there is a recession

Edited by taxman

Poverty is ghastly misused. poverty in Northern England is totally different to Southern England. I have lived in both. To a lot of morons on here that slate every spelling mistake and every mispronunciation, poverty is the persons fault or their upbringing or their ancestors fault for not killing the delinquents in the village first.

Poverty is a vile word used by people that can help that won't.

Poverty is ghastly misused. poverty in Northern England is totally different to Southern England. I have lived in both. To a lot of morons on here that slate every spelling mistake and every mispronunciation, poverty is the persons fault or their upbringing or their ancestors fault for not killing the delinquents in the village first.

Poverty is a vile word used by people that can help that won't.

Nuff said!

---------- Post added 22-02-2015 at 00:09 ----------

I know people in Greece, I have friends there. If the rules from the Troika and the EU were meant to provide a solution then the Northern Euro countries were just wrong.

How can you demand a country change it's entire economic and social structure when unemployment is 80%?

They demanded an increase in GDP...but how can you do that when nobody has a job?

It is a balance...everyone knows that saving money is good, I'm pathalogical about it, but on the other had you have to spend...or the shopkeepers go but.

Greece was made to cut to the bone but was also prevented from making money. Everyone unemployed. How does that create income?

I like that Greek geezer.

Nobody in Greece pays tax or rather the amount they should, just like Nigeria and one or two other countries.

Wasn't a lot of the financial trouble in Greece caused by too generous public sector pensions and low tax take?

Edited by truman

If there is poverty in this county its down to there own fault there are some exceptions but its usually brought on by spending their money on the wrong things and wrong life choices,no one should be in poverty in this country.I suppose it all depends on what your definition of poverty is though,to me it's someone who has no money no house no food, I went to South Africa a few years ago and I saw poverty there people living in shacks next to open sewers,we don't have nothing like that here we have a good standard of living in this country,even if you are out of work here you get some money and your house paid for, at least your not going to starve or die from some horrible disease.