Why aren't football fans doing more to tackle extremism?

Do the people that seem to think these people that are racist at football matches think that these same people aren't racist for the rest of the week?

They are the same racist people that also go to supermarkets, the cinema and round to their Mother's for Sunday lunch!

Maybe they're just weekend racists?

White racists exist black racists exist brown racists exist yellow racists exist get over it - it is here always has been always will be it will never ever go away we just try our best to get on with it

That sounds like a counsel of despair to me, and if you were the victim of racist abuse I doubt whether you'd just shrug your shoulders & say get on with it.

I do think there is only so far legislation can go. I think the social pressure to discourage the open bigotry displayed at football matches should be increased. I know that some supporters clubs are trying to stamp out bigotry and encourage other fans to behave in a civilised way.

I wonder if those shown chanting abuse to the man trying to board the train should face shame at work? You can't be all nicey nicey at work then be a racist thug at the weekend.

White racists exist black racists exist brown racists exist yellow racists exist get over it - it is here always has been always will be it will never ever go away we just try our best to get on with it

I've never come across large groups of black or brown men chanting racial abuse en route to football matches. If you have any examples please share.

Racist thugs beat me up on Metrolink tram - and 200 passengers watched and did nothing http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/racist-thugs-beat-up-metrolink-1750381

Are you suggesting those 200 passengers were right to do nothing because racism exists and always has done? By getting on with it do you mean allowing people to be terrorised on public transport by racist extremists?

That sounds like a counsel of despair to me, and if you were the victim of racist abuse I doubt whether you'd just shrug your shoulders & say get on with it.

I do think there is only so far legislation can go. I think the social pressure to discourage the open bigotry displayed at football matches should be increased. I know that some supporters clubs are trying to stamp out bigotry and encourage other fans to behave in a civilised way.

I wonder if those shown chanting abuse to the man trying to board the train should face shame at work? You can't be all nicey nicey at work then be a racist thug at the weekend.

Ive been the victim of racist abuse four times as i can recall, 1st time when i was about 12 and was called the 'p' word because i'm dark complexioned

2nd time in about 1987 when upstairs in the marples a video of tyson was on ko-ing one after the other, when he ko'd a white guy on the vid, blacks in there said it didn't count cos he was white and wasn't worthy which i questioned and had to make a swift exit

In about 1989 in turn ups i was with my lifelong black friend and had to leave 'with him by the way or get filled in because i was white

Then in miami in 1992 waiting for a table that was ten minutes late that was being used by a black family - we were totally patient then out of nowhere this family came at us over sarcastic saying 'sorry boss sorry boss, bowing etc totally unneccesary and ott

Racists exist all colours genders countries it will nevr go away, me personally it sticks and stones an all that,,,water off a ducks back pal:hihi:

---------- Post added 22-02-2015 at 21:50 ----------

I've never come across large groups of black or brown men chanting racial abuse en route to football matches. If you have any examples please share.

Racist thugs beat me up on Metrolink tram - and 200 passengers watched and did nothing http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/racist-thugs-beat-up-metrolink-1750381

Are you suggesting those 200 passengers were right to do nothing because racism exists and always has done? By getting on with it do you mean allowing people to be terrorised on public transport by racist extremists?

Ive never seen large groups of black men going to football matches at all...ever, please share :hihi:

Ive been the victim of racist abuse four times as i can recall, 1st time when i was about 12 and was called the 'p' word because i'm dark complexioned

2nd time in about 1987 when upstairs in the marples a video of tyson was on ko-ing one after the other, when he ko'd a white guy on the vid, blacks in there said it didn't count cos he was white and wasn't worthy which i questioned and had to make a swift exit

In about 1989 in turn ups i was with my lifelong black friend and had to leave 'with him by the way or get filled in because i was white

Then in miami in 1992 waiting for a table that was ten minutes late that was being used by a black family - we were totally patient then out of nowhere this family came at us over sarcastic saying 'sorry boss sorry boss, bowing etc totally unneccesary and ott

Racists exist all colours genders countries it will nevr go away, me personally it sticks and stones an all that,,,water off a ducks back pal:hihi:

---------- Post added 22-02-2015 at 21:50 ----------

Ive never seen large groups of black men going to football matches at all...ever, please share :hihi:

It is you who is bringing the existence of black and brown racists into the discussion. So in the context of the discussion when have you seen large groups of black or brown men chanting racial abuse at other passengers on trains?

---------- Post added 22-02-2015 at 22:11 ----------

Racists exist all colours genders countries it will nevr go away, me personally it sticks and stones an all that,,,water off a ducks back pal:hihi

Right.....four incidents in your whole life and one of them was not even in the UK. Not a lot really is it. Compare that to the countless incidents and institutional racism that most BME people have suffered while growing up.

Edited by Bounce

The opposite of a hero's what, though?

What part of " these hero's are invariably in a group, and they would welcome trouble, a fight would make their day." Did you fail to understand?

My point was that the reason football fans do not do more to tackle extremism is that the scum who are racists make sure that they are in a group when they spout their vile.

The opposite of a hero is a coward, why does it take so much explaining to get this across to you?

Do you now understand what I am saying?

Why did you have a problem in the first place?

It is you who is bringing the existence of black and brown racists into the discussion. So in the context of the discussion when have you seen large groups of black or brown men chanting racial abuse at other passengers on trains?

---------- Post added 22-02-2015 at 22:11 ----------

Right.....four incidents in your whole life and one of them was not even in the UK. Not a lot really is it. Compare that to the countless incidents and institutional racism that most BME people have suffered while growing up.

Racism exists in all forms by all races - get over it,i bet these stupid chelsea fans will have got your SF pulse racing with excitement, really is this the best you can do? Sad sad sad existence if this is the best you can do

Racism will never go away white on black - black on white and so on!!

What part of " these hero's are invariably in a group, and they would welcome trouble, a fight would make their day." Did you fail to understand?

It's probably something to do with the possessive apostrophe, the plural of hero is heroes, hero's means something else entirely.

jb

It's probably something to do with the possessive apostrophe, the plural of hero is heroes, hero's means something else entirely.

jb

So what you are saying is that we have a pedantic prat amongst us, someone who rather than making a point with regard to the subject prefers to act the smartarse regarding apostrophes?

Good to know. :)