Why aren't football fans doing more to tackle extremism?

---------- Post added 24-02-2015 at 20:11 ----------

---------- Post added 24-02-2015 at 20:33 ----------

---------- Post added 24-02-2015 at 20:47 ----------

Many Muslim speakers have also been banned from the UK its not only the Christian nutter who has been banned. Others like Omar Bakri have been deported and Abu Hamza is currently in jail in America. So your idea that nothing happens to Muslim extremist preachers is frankly ridiculous and totally at odds with reality. The other problem with your argument is that you assume demonstrations against extremism by Muslims do not occur. Just because you haven't heard about them doesn't mean they don't happen.

---------- Post added 24-02-2015 at 21:10 ----------

Have they? Not doubting your word just haven't heard that much about it. We have let in the ones mentioned earlier so obviously we're not too strict about it are we?

Perhaps the Muslim community should get themselves a good PR company to stress how the majority are simply decent ordinary people wanting to live their lives in peace, as I'm sure is the case.

The thing is, there is a limited interest in this subject from most people and that can lead to misapprehensions as to the facts behind it.

To give an example, being an Anglo-Irishman I'm reasonably aware of what the causes are, and the reasoning behind the Irish situation.

Most people have absolutely no idea, and simply form an opinion from media soundbites, it leads to confusion and some really misinformed opinions from people who simply go with the ' well they seem to be on our side so must be right' viewpoint.

Similar situation with the Muslim situation it seems to me.

As to the answer to the OP question it's fairly straightforward, scum who set out to 'have a bit of fun' will tend to go mob handed.

Look at the morons on the Paris underground, how many of them were there?

Five have been identified and banned so far but there could have been double that amount or more in the carriage.

Normal fans do not tend to roll up to matches in gangs, usually there are no more than two or three, possibly four at the most.

They are going to watch a match, not engage in a confrontation.

What do you expect them to do when they hear the idiots chanting bile?

The authorities need to sort this out, they allowed it to develope and they need to put a stop to it.

Have they? Not doubting your word just haven't heard that much about it. We have let in the ones mentioned earlier so obviously we're not too strict about it are we?

Yes you can refer to one of my earlier posts on another thread where I posted three links to different mass demonstrations by Muslims against extremism. None of which made the headlines.

Perhaps the Muslim community should get themselves a good PR company to stress how the majority are simply decent ordinary people wanting to live their lives in peace, as I'm sure is the case.

There have been a lot of efforts made by different Muslim organisations and individuals. The problem is the mainstream media is not as interested in the truth as it is in sensationalism. So the Muslim helping the old white lady next door carry her shopping home will not make headlines but is something encouraged by Islam. It's something which is taught in Mosques and Islamic institutions up and down this country. Help your neighbors whether Muslim or Non Muslim be kind to the elderly and so on. Media is not interested unless it's the actions of some nutter. There are people who have started their own media such as Mehdi Hasan editor of the Hufington Post.

To give an example, being an Anglo-Irishman I'm reasonably aware of what the causes are, and the reasoning behind the Irish situation.

Most people have absolutely no idea, and simply form an opinion from media soundbites, it leads to confusion and some really misinformed opinions from people who simply go with the ' well they seem to be on our side so must be right' viewpoint.

Similar situation with the Muslim situation it seems to me.

That's true they also seem to become over night experts on Islam and Middle Eastern politics as well.

As to the answer to the OP question it's fairly straightforward, scum who set out to 'have a bit of fun' will tend to go mob handed.

Look at the morons on the Paris underground, how many of them were there?

Five have been identified and banned so far but there could have been double that amount or more in the carriage.

Normal fans do not tend to roll up to matches in gangs, usually there are no more than two or three, possibly four at the most.

They are going to watch a match, not engage in a confrontation.

What do you expect them to do when they hear the idiots chanting bile?

The authorities need to sort this out, they allowed it to develope and they need to put a stop to it.

The man and his daughter who were attacked on the tram in Manchester by racist thugs while returning from the match. How was it that 200 passengers most of whom were other fans managed to stand by doing nothing? Some of them jumping up for a better view? Yet the girl herself was able to intervene and stand up to the thugs who were beating up her father? There seems to be more to it than just fear of getting involved.

So why football fans anyway? Why are muslims doing more to tackle extremism in their old back yard? Because if they're doing anything at all it doesn't seem to be working

What should they be doing? What are you doing?

• 2 weeks later...