What is Messy Church?

Why does it make for poor decision making in adult life?

If someone is brought up to believe something without evidence, that level of thinking can extend to other decisions.

The non vaccination of children for example. Maybe the use of prayer instead of medical intervention.

If someone is brought up to believe something without evidence, that level of thinking can extend to other decisions.

The non vaccination of children for example. Maybe the use of prayer instead of medical intervention.

There's many things in life that can lead to bad decisions. You have to be pretty fundamental with your religion to not want to vaccinate your child or to think praying can solve a medical issue alone.

I think the first six words say it all.

I think that you are complicating the message of christianity but again this is old ground and nothing to do with the original post

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 13:55 ----------

Yep, that's why religion has to get em young.

It's a shame that some parents don't want the break the cycle.

why would we when we have a faith worth believing in ?

There's many things in life that can lead to bad decisions. You have to be pretty fundamental with your religion to not want to vaccinate your child or to think praying can solve a medical issue alone.

True, they were just examples.

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 14:03 ----------

why would we when we have a faith worth believing in ?

See post #83

True, they were just examples.

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 14:03 ----------

See post #83

no it certainly doesn't lead to poor decision making and probably makes better as you don't makes snap choices

Sorry, I should have asked if anyone had first-hand experience or knew someone who had first-hand experience of the church. I am concerned that impressionable youngsters may be indoctrinated.

Just wondering, but was it a CofE or Catholic school? One would expect it at a Christian faith school, but it's more of an issue if it's a non-denominational state school.

Just wondering, but was it a CofE or Catholic school? One would expect it at a Christian faith school, but it's more of an issue if it's a non-denominational state school.

schools are part of the community therefore will give out events in the local areas ! christian or not.

A friend of mines son brought home an invite to a christmas service and the minister from the church had even visited the school ! which they are free to do so , there is no law stopping that from happening

schools are part of the community therefore will give out events in the local areas ! christian or not.

A friend of mines son brought home an invite to a christmas service and the minister from the church had even visited the school ! which they are free to do so , there is no law stopping that from happening

Sorry I just don't think schools should be recruiting grounds for religion - any religion. Same goes for politics.

Not sure I follow your logic there.

As a christian I pray about choices I have to make , I ask God to guide me so I don't just decide to do something which isn't right for me

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 16:13 ----------

Sorry I just don't think schools should be recruiting grounds for religion - any religion. Same goes for politics.

they aren't its an invite to an event , you have a choice whether to go or not !

there will be people in that school who will want to go to and they have the right to hear about an event, so to attend . As for it being a recuiting ground the messy church isn't about that at all .