What is Messy Church?

Why do you think religion is irrational and why do you think you are correct?

Why are you ignoring my post?...

No, I don't talk about religion being irrational, I've been talking about irrational beliefs. I use the word irrational because by definition that's what they are, it's not just my opinion.

EDIT: And what makes you think I hate religion?

Edited by RootsBooster

I find it very interesting that every time we discus Christianity on here some of our atheist friends become rattled ! Why would church be bad for the vulnerable ? If they come into a loving environment where they are accepted for who they are and what they are ? Why would ha come to anybody in a church ?

I find it very interesting that every time we discus Christianity on here some of our atheist friends become rattled ! Why would church be bad for the vulnerable ? If they come into a loving environment where they are accepted for who they are and what they are ? Why would ha come to anybody in a church ?

Because the church is receiving people who are vulnerable and probably more susceptible to indoctrination. They may well do good works, but no religion is required to perform good works.

In another vein, toy shops are designed to appeal to children, with bright colours, sights and sounds. Such shops are designed to sell. So what do we think of a church environment designed to appeal (sell) to children?

Because the church is receiving people who are vulnerable and probably more susceptible to indoctrination. They may well do good works, but no religion is required to perform good works.

In another vein, toy shops are designed to appeal to children, with bright colours, sights and sounds. Such shops are designed to sell. So what do we think of a church environment designed to appeal (sell) to children?

Telling people about the fact that they can know God personally and encouraging faith isn't wrong ! Other faiths do require good works to get into heaven , Jesus gave us the way without works !

Why shouldn't children be a part of church , In my day church was stand up sit down etc. and was not attractive to children , thankfully That didn't put me off ,I have my own faith and attend a church , i have done since being six weeks old . I had a lovely childhood with loads of friends who are still in my life , we are family

Telling people about the fact that they can know God personally and encouraging faith isn't wrong ! Other faiths do require good works to get into heaven , Jesus gave us the way without works !

Why shouldn't children be a part of church , In my day church was stand up sit down etc. and was not attractive to children , thankfully That didn't put me off ,I have my own faith and attend a church , i have done since being six weeks old . I had a lovely childhood with loads of friends who are still in my life , we are family

That isn't a fact, it's a personal anecdote.

Edit

Care to comment?

http:// http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/02/23/christian-homeschoolers-sell-daughter-into-arrange-marriage-offer-discount-because-shes-damaged/

Edited by SnailyBoy

Yes it is. It is indoctrination of people when they are vulnerable and susceptible and is downright wrong. The Church, in the guise of giving, is recruiting. I'm not too keen on cults, which is what religion is to one level or another, recruiting those who's critical thinking is reduced due to their condition or age.

Yes it is. It is indoctrination of people when they are vulnerable and susceptible and is downright wrong. The Church, in the guise of giving, is recruiting. I'm not too keen on cults, which is what religion is to one level or another, recruiting those who's critical thinking is reduced due to their condition or age.

church isn't a cult its about a faith that sustains you through life. Its about loving people and not changing them to think and believe the same as faith is an individual walk with and relationship with God,

Edited by teeny

church isn't a cult its about a faith that sustains you through life. Its about loving people and not changing them to think and believe the same as faith is an individual walk with and relationship with God,

Literally, it is a cult...

-A system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object

-A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or as imposing excessive control over members

-A misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular thing

-A person or thing that is popular or fashionable among a particular group or section of society

http://www.aggressivechristianity.net/articles/ecclesia.htm have a read here as your version makes it feel like you are saying that its not a good place

In your opinion, which part of "A system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object" suggests that Church isn't a good place?