What is Messy Church?

No you don't, you have a faith followed by many..it isn't yours,

Your car, your house, are they yours, or are they the same as everyone else's? It is possible to have your own faith. Look at the different ways Islam is interpreted by some at the moment.

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 07:46 ----------

Messy church

Mess and religion now there are two things that parents who subject their children to should be prosecuted for. Surely they are both types of abuse.

It's a play on words, like your silly post. Unless you actually think people should be prosecuted for having a faith and wanting to share it with their children?

(What's with those silly full stops at the end of your posts? Right waste of space!)

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 07:47 ----------

What a coincidence. It's weird how children tend to 'choose' the religion of their parents.

Why is it weird that children follow in their parents footsteps?

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 07:50 ----------

But now that you mention it yes, to many people the thought of worshipping a god is odd.

It's perfectly normal to most Christians.

I was looking for new career opportunities a while back. One of the websites had a link sending me to a charity which provided various services/relief in a number of impoverished areas of the world. I couldn't apply to work there because I 100% failed on one essential requirement.

The job required me to be a committed Christian. So apparently, only a Christian could provide the aid and relieve suffering.

I wonder why that could be?

more than likely it was a Christian organisation, It would have been hard for you to work with them on the spiritual level and provide the care of that organisation , Often in the relief work I am asked by the people to pray with them , if you are not a christian it would be hard as it would come from your head and not your heart.

Why is it weird that children follow in their parents footsteps?

You mean following parents footsteps in regard to religion?

I think expecting a child to believe something purely on faith and without evidence is detrimental to their critical thinking development. Which could lead to poor decision making skills in adult life.

Your car, your house, are they yours,

Yes, but I acquired them as an adult. God doesn't protect me from the elements day and night or drive me to work. Faith is a following, not a commodity...or is it?

It is possible to have your own faith.

Yes, as long as it isn't perceived as belonging to two billion others. If I believed God was a printer refill then I could say it was mine as I'd likely be unique.

Look at the different ways Islam is interpreted by some at the moment.

Yes, that's because they think it belongs to them..

Edited by skinz

I think expecting a child to believe something purely on faith and without evidence is detrimental to their critical thinking development. Which could lead to poor decision making skills in adult life.

Children accept faith easier than adults as adults expect to much explanations and make faith I've complicated ! Simple faith was made sime by God so children can understand , us being human makes issues that actually simply don't exist .

Children accept faith easier than adults as adults expect to much explanations and make faith I've complicated ! Simple faith was made sime by God so children can understand , us being human makes issues that actually simply don't exist .

I think the first six words say it all.

It's more the case that children will believe just about anything on the basis of zero evidence. Even more so if it is someone they trust telling them so.

jb

Yep, that's why religion has to get em young.

It's a shame that some parents don't want the break the cycle.

Why does it make for poor decision making in adult life?

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 13:43 ----------

Yep, that's why religion has to get em young.

It's a shame that some parents don't want the break the cycle.

Why would they? Don't you think you're being a bit pig headed to say how a parent should or should not introduce their faith to their children?