Candow street wwii

mrayuk

Hi,

To whom it may concern.

Yeah am member of this Smith family. 
My names Leon,

Great Grandson of Aziah Smith & Mary Smith (Thackray). 
Reading your comments their very warm and interesting. 
Thank you for speaking very highly of my Great Grandparents.

⚠️ Pre-Warning am third generation!! 🤠
My information is very minimal.

contact me on https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100078141946097

Edited by Lstein

On 19/10/2015 at 21:48, mrayuk said:

Hi Quake.....I was floored to hear from you today and I wrote you a long reply about the story of the Smith family and my father-in-law, Justino Polidori who was a prisoner of war in WWII. He befriended the Smith family and especially Azi and Martha. I have all of his letters from Azi to him. I have been on a quest to find Martha and what happened to her. Any help you can give would be wonderful. My email is mrayuk@hotmail.com. I can send you my phone number when I hear back from you. Marilyn Ray

Hi Marilyn Ray

you mentioned you have letters from Azi 

would be possible if I could see those letters. Am intrigued. 
I am family member of the smiths.

Edited by Lstein

• 9 months later...

Hello , I am a great grandson of asio , my grandad was Sylvester , I'd love to learn more about this side of my family . My dad was called Thomas William . I used to have a drink with Nipton before he passed .

On 19/10/2015 at 20:38, Quake said:

I know it is sometime since this was posted but hopefully you might see this mrayuk.

Azy was my Great Grandmother's brother and I have been in touch with Azy's daughter in the past. I have done a fair amount of family research on the Smiths.

Does anyone have any other contact details for mrayuk?

Hello , have just seen this thread and was amazed. I am the great grandchild ,my grandad was Sylvester , would love to know more about them as the only other one I've known to speak to was Nipton . Really hope you see this 

• 4 months later...

Hi ,Theresa , I used to have a pint in the pheasant and lane top club with nipper , he used to make me laugh when he saw me he'd always shout at top of his voice " Wednesday", knowing I'm a blade . He told me quite a bit about my grandad Sylvester his brother , said he was a brilliant footballer and Newcastle tried to sign him . Hope you are ok with me answering . Bye