Andre Rieu, 21st Decmebr 2015

Arena Mole

We are delighted to announce the world’s most successful violinist, André Rieu @andrerieu will make his @MotorpointArena debut with his Johann Strauss Orchestra for one night only on Monday 21st December.Tickets on priority sale to mailing list members at 10am on Thursday, on general sale 10am Friday... Join the mailing list now by entering your email address into the blue box on our website! http://www.motorpointarenasheffield.co.uk/home

• 9 months later...

I went to this concert last night. What a magical night of music and incredible singing.

A special thanks to the young couple who danced so wonderfully to the Blue Danube, you got up out of the audience and were a pleasure to watch.

I don't know what the orchestras impression of Sheffield will be, many people were late because of the horrendous traffic. it took me an hour to get from Darnall to the Arena. Then Andre delayed the start of the second half waiting for people who had to get refreshments to be seated. It amazes me that people can't manage 2/3 hours without stuffing their faces.

The traffic situation needs to be sorted out though, I went to see Billy Joel a few years ago and even he commented about Sheffield traffic problems and as he said "I live in New York"

But the problems were soon forgotten and the memory of that wonderful night will stay with me forever. Thank you to everyone involved.

I agree , wonderful concert and it was a real fun atmosphere . I will be surprised if he will come back to Sheffield though ,when he asked how many people here was from Sheffield they didn't seem that many , most people seem to be from Leeds. Also i could not believe how many people were coming in late to the show, i must admit , the traffic was horrendous though , virtually after every piece ended there were people being show to their seats right up to the first interval. His comment about the toilet facilities were tong in cheek but spot on, more cubicles are needed for this venue. I also saw lots of elderly people who were really struggling getting up and down the stair cases, i managed to help an elderly gentleman from falling down . On the whole though , everyone seemed to really enjoy the show, i know i did :)

I also went to the concert last night and I thought it was amazing. I arrived by train and super tram and just like to say what a lovely convenient way to arrive. Never done the tram before and found it was excellent. The concert was amazing and some people were late arriving by no fault of there own. I would also like to say that after the interval I found that the ribbing of the audience,because they were late back from the break,was part of the show, there certainly wasn't twenty minutes before the orchestra was back on stage and I think it was deliberate to catch people out. Lovely enjoyable evening, even the £5 burger before the show.