How do you get something made in metal in the Steel City?

I have a product that I would like made in Sheffield from metal, but I can't find anyone to it. I thought that it would have been easy to do in the Steel City.

It needs milling and has some acute angles in cut outs that don't go all the way through. It's not a ship or an oil rig, it's relatively tiny.

Is there anywhere in Sheffield that I can go to get it made or ask questions or do I have to contact China?

I have a product that I would like made in Sheffield from metal, but I can't find anyone to it. I thought that it would have been easy to do in the Steel City.

It needs milling and has some acute angles in cut outs that don't go all the way through. It's not a ship or an oil rig, it's relatively tiny.

Is there anywhere in Sheffield that I can go to get it made or ask questions or do I have to contact China?

More detail is required. Metal work differs greatly, depending on many factors.

I am sure there are smaller workshops in the city that would help.

Is it a one-off item or will there be a batch of them?

---------- Post added 24-02-2015 at 12:56 ----------

Have sent you a PM, hope it helps

Edited by RootsBooster

More detail is required. Metal work differs greatly, depending on many factors.

I am sure there are smaller workshops in the city that would help.

Thanks Agent Orange

Yes, there are many factors, but just getting some good suggestions would be a great help. I just need a starting point to get the ball rolling.

I'm looking for the work to be done in alumiuium and it is quite intricate. Any ideas?

Thanks Agent Orange

Yes, there are many factors, but just getting some good suggestions would be a great help. I just need a starting point to get the ball rolling.

I'm looking for the work to be done in alumiuium and it is quite intricate. Any ideas?

Erm... have you google aluminium fabrication or aluminium fabricators? If not, try it and ring some of the companies that are suggested or look at their websites and see if they suit your particular project.

That's all I can suggest. I am sure someone on here must work in the industry and may be able to help further.

Good luck with it :)

I recall that there's a company called JNC in Blast Lane near the Canal Boatyard, which does lots of small welding jobs including aluminium, so they might be worth trying; there are a lot of small metalwork firms around the same immediate corner of town.

Plenty of metal fabricators around in Sheffield and also small firms that can do CNC and milling work. Could be pricey for a one off bespoke piece, have you though about asking an engineering student that could do it as part course work/portfolio as they could possibly use college or uni facilities for it with it being a small piece.